Join Charleston Moves for a police-escorted bicycle ride over the North Bridge and along key corridors and intersections they are working to upgrade. This is a unique opportunity to catch amazing views of the Ashley River between North Charleston and West Ashley, while advocating to build a Better North Bridge.
Following the ride, Charleston Moves and partners will be tabling outside at Freehouse Brewery until 5 pm, providing multiple ways for the public to engage and take action in support of a safe and equitable river crossing. Food will be available for purchase from Blazing Star Cafe, Bad Man BBQ, and Cookie Dough Love, and starting at 4 pm there will be live music by Forty Mile Detour. Freehouse will donate $1/pint to Charleston Moves during the event.
Whether you want to walk, run, or ride a bike, with or without assistive devices, your participation on the ride or at the table helps demonstrate critical mass, and your support helps Charleston Moves to continue prioritizing this vital safety and quality-of-life project. According to Morrison Yard, a Gold-level event sponsor: “Charleston is undeniably a great city to live and work in but our community deserves safer roads for pedestrians and bikers. Charleston Moves’ commitment to making this a reality is an inspiration and we’re honored to support them in their mission.” Come out to join neighbors and friends in taking a stand for a Better North Bridge, one that is safe, equitable and accessible for all!
IMPORTANT DETAILS TO NOTE:
- The ride will begin promptly at 2 pm, so please arrive and check in at the Charleston Moves table no later than 1:30 pm. If possible, please RSVP in advance.
- The ride is 8 miles long and will take about an hour to complete. Be aware there is a slope to the bridge, and though North Charleston Police Department will provide an escort, the ride will be on the road with traffic. A support vehicle will be in present in case of mechanical issues.
- If you bring a small child on the ride, they must be attached to an adult’s bike, rather than riding separately. Companion animals are not permitted on the ride.
- If you do not have a bike but would like to join the ride, email Info@CharlestonMoves.org by September 25. Pedego Charleston will be providing free bikes to use at this event.
- Parking is available at and around the Freehouse Brewery. You are encouraged to walk, ride your bike, carpool or take the bus to the event.
- This event will adhere to local ordinances and CDC guidance related to COVID-19 and the Delta variant to ensure participant safety. You are asked to bring a face mask to protect yourself and others, particularly while engaging with Charleston Moves’ volunteers and partners at the tables.
Charleston Moves is a mobility advocacy nonprofit that works to transform our roadways and bridges into safe, connected and equitable spaces for all. The Better North Bridge Ride is part of Legwork for Livability, our fall fundraising campaign and bike ride series.
First Black Food Truck Festival to Be Held at Patriots Point Next Month
On both Saturday, November 13th and Sunday, November 14th, the first Black Food Truck Festival will be held at Patriots...
Motherland Essentials Hosts Halloween Lane at Summerville Warehouse
Tickets Now on Sale for the 38th Annual Lowcountry Oyster Festival
Trey Kennedy to Perform at the Charleston Gaillard Center in January
College of Charleston Concert Choir to Present “Songs for Thanksgiving” Performance
Holy Smokes Lowcountry Barbecue Festival Announces VIP Chefs
New Muse Concerts to Present “Blueprint” at Multiple Charleston Venues
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized4 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News3 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie