Due to the number of positive COVID-19 cases and the number of students quarantined as close contacts, Oakland Elementary School will transition to full virtual instruction beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, September 8th, for the next two weeks. The announcement was made today by the Charleston County School District.
Oakland Elementary is scheduled to return to in-person instruction Wednesday, September 22.
According to ABC News 4, the following schools are also learning virtually:
- Early College High School (August 27 – September 10)
- Charles Pinckney Elementary School (September 1-15)
- Sullivan’s Island Elementary School (September 1-15)
- Murray LaSaine Montessori School (September 2-16)
- Chicora Elementary School (September 2-16)
- Ashley River Creative Arts Elementary (September 2-16)
- Julian Mitchell Elementary (September 3-17)