Personal finance website WalletHub this week released its report on 2021’s Best & Worst States to Raise a Family and South Carolina was listed as the 8th worst in the country. The Palmetto State had the same ranking last year.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 52 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 43rd – % of Families with Young Children
- 47th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 38th – Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 45th – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 39th – % of Families in Poverty
- 21st – Housing Affordability
- 34th – Separation & Divorce Rate
To see the full report, click here.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...