The Charleston County Public Library (CCPL) is now offering notary public services at 11 of its branches. These services had been unavailable since CCPL closed all branches in March due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
“Through our notary services, we’re able to engage the community and provide important equitable assistance to those in need,” said CCPL Executive Director Angela Craig. “We’re excited to once again offer this resource with the safety of our staff and patrons in mind.”
Notary services are by appointment only and are subject to availability. To make an appointment, patrons should contact their desired branch location during regular operating hours. Branches offering notary services include:
- Main Library – 68 Calhoun St., 843-805-6930
- Baxter-Patrick James Island – 1858 South Grimball Rd., 843-795-
- Bees Ferry West Ashley – 3035 Sanders Rd., 843-805-6892
- Cooper River Memorial – 3502 Rivers Ave, 843-744-2489
- Dorchester Road – 6325 Dorchester Road, 843-552-6466
- Edisto Island – Trinity Episcopal 1589 Hwy 174, 843-869-2355
- Folly Beach – 55 Center Street, 843-588-2001
- John L. Dart – 1067 King Street, 843-722-7550
- Mount Pleasant Regional – 1133 Mathis Ferry Road, 843-849-6161
- St. Paul’s/Hollywood – 5130 Hwy 165, 843-889-3300
- Wando Mount Pleasant – 1400 Carolina Park Blvd, 843-805-6888
In order to make the notary transaction as efficient and safe as possible, all required documentation, identification, parties involved, and witnesses should be brought to the appointment. CCPL asks that documents are not signed in advance, as all signatures must be witnessed by the notary. Any patron entering a CCPL branch is required to maintain social distancing guidelines and wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth.
For more information on CCPL services and resources, visit ccpl.org or contact your local library.
Islander 71 to Host “Champagne & Pearls” on December 10th
On Saturday, December 10th, Islander 71, a restaurant on Isle of Palms, will host “Champagne & Pearls,” an oyster roast...