Due to popular demand, more shows have been added to outdoor multi-week concert series at The Bend in North Charleston. New additions are the Marcus King Trio on October 25th and two nights of Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires on November 6th and 7th. Tickets go on sale to the public online only this Friday, October 2nd at 10 am.
The series, produced by the Charleston Music Hall, allows safe social distancing by creating 250 roped off squares with a maximum of 4 people from the same party per square. A six-foot aisle between squares provides ample room for social distancing while navigating the concert site, and masks are required if patrons leave their square to visit the facilities.
No food or drink will be sold at the events to avoid crowding and contact. Concert goers are encouraged to bring their own food and drink – beer and wine is permitted onsite, as well as coolers, blankets, and chairs. An option to rent furniture will be emailed to ticket buyers, made possible by OOH Events.
The Bend, located at 3775 Azalea Dr. in North Charleston, features 20 acres of green space on the Ashley River. For all events, gates open at 5 pm and shows start at 7 pm. Concert goers sharing a square are required to arrive together and can take advantage of one free on-site parking spot. Patrons are encouraged to arrive early to create an easier and safer ingress and seating. There are no openers, and all acts start at 7 pm. The Around The Bend series events are planned for rain or shine.
The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, October 3rd – The Legacy of Motown featuring Charlton Singleton & Friends
- Friday, October 9th – SUSTO – SOLD OUT
- Friday, October 16th – Queen of Soul: A Tribute to Aretha Franklin featuring Black Diamond & Black Noyze
- Friday, October 23 – Shovels & Rope
- Saturday, October 24 – Shovels & Rope – SOLD OUT
- Sunday, October 25 – Marcus King Trio
- Friday & Saturday, October 30 & 31 – St. Paul and the Broken Bones – SOLD OUT
- Friday & Saturday, November 6 & 7 – Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires
- Saturday, November 14 – Ranky Tanky – SOLD OUT
Tickets will go on sale for Marcus King Trio and Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires to the public online only this Friday, October 2nd at 10 a.m. ET at CharlestonMusicHall.com. Tickets will be sold in quantities of four, and parties sharing a square are required to arrive together. If available, tickets can be purchased on site the day of the event, but patrons are highly encouraged to pre-purchase online.
Life Raft Treats Partnering with Local Businesses for Sundae Social on October 2nd
Life Raft Treats, the local ice cream and sweets business from Cynthia Wong, is partnering with some other Charleston area...