Video: Today’s Press Conference with Mayor Keith Summey, Fire Chief Greg Bulanow, and Police Chief Reggie Burgess
The City of North Charleston will continue to operate under limited functions with essential personnel through April 26.
TO ALL NORTH CHARLESTON BUSINESSES OPEN FOR OPERATION, RECOMMENDATION
• Limit occupancy to 50% allowable by code
• Mark and identify areas for proper customer separation at check-out
• Designate each aisle as one-way to lessen cross-traffic
• Provide hand sanitizers and/or wipes to all customers
NORTH CHARLESTION OPERATIONS THROUGH APRIL 26
- All public meetings cancelled through April 26.
- Roll cart and garbage pick up will continue as scheduled.
- Curbside yard debris and bulk trash pick will be collected the week of March 30 with collection occurring every other week.
- All public parks and playgrounds are closed.
- All recreational programs are suspended and facilities are closed.
- Summer camp registration has been postponed until further notice.
- All senior centers are closed.
- The permitting One Stop Shop has closed to in-person business.
- Building plans can still be submitted online for review by Zoning, Building, Fire, and Public Works, but expect a delayed response time due to limited staffing.
- Business licensing has closed to in-person. Renewals can be submitted online.
- For anyone unable to access the internet for permitting, a single terminal will be set up in the lobby of City Hall.
- Courts will only open for bond hearings, which will take place at 9am only. Bond paperwork must be turned in by 7am to be heard same-day. All other court cases are to be rescheduled and written confirmation of the new court dates and times will be mailed to all case parties.
- All Cultural Arts facilities are closed, all school performances suspended. North Charleston Arts Fest and the Children’s Festival are cancelled.
- Police will continue to operate normally with no reduction in services.
- Fire will continue to operate normally with no reduction in services, however, all public events and stations visits are cancelled until further notice.
- North Charleston Fire Museum is closed until further notice.
- All events at the North Charleston Coliseum, Performing Arts Center, and Convention Center are cancelled through the end of the month with most shows rescheduled to a later date.
North Charleston Citizen Hotlines
843-740-5883 & 843-740-5887
North Charleston Emergency Management continues to monitor the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and advises citizens to take precautions to limit the potential spread of the virus. Please continue to heed all advice from the CDC and SCDHEC.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks