The Gibbes Museum of Art recently announced some special kid-friendly activities just in time for summer break. The museum is the perfect place for children to beat the summer heat and to be inspired by the creative process.
This year’s summer programming includes:
- Activity Backpacks
- Museum guests can check out “activity backpacks” during their visit to the museum. Inside each backpack is a set of tools to engage the museums youngest visitors, a storybook inspired by art (donated by Blue Bicycle Books), a sketchpad and set of colored pencils (donated by Artist & Craftsman), a set of “Activity Cards” and a copy of the museum’s family guide (see below).
- Scavenger Hunt
- Children can participate in a museum scavenger hunt that is designed to encourage close looking and deep thinking in the galleries. This hunt leads guests through the galleries to find specific artwork and types of work such as portraits, still-life, etc. Children will receive a prize from visitor’s services once they complete the scavenger hunt.
- Family Guide
- The museum also offers a family guide which, combines sketching, writing and close looking to explore and engage with the artwork on view. It includes vocabulary words and various activities while guiding you through the museum.
For more information, visit http://www.gibbesmuseum.org.
Gaillard Center Announces Second Theo Von Show
Comedian and podcast host Theo Von has added a second show at the Gaillard Center on Saturday, October 23, 2021...
Gaillard Center Announces “Million Dollar Quartet”
Heather McMahan to Perform at the Gaillard Center
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events20 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview19 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Uncategorized3 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food2 weeks ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island