On the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2010, Roslindale Village, a town in Massachusetts, created and celebrated the first Small Business/Shop Local Saturday as a counterpart to Black Friday.
Eight years later, on Saturday, November 24, 2018, from 1 pm to 5 pm James Island’s only brewery, Fam’s Brewing Co. will host a Shop Local Market to give the people of Charleston an escape from the Black Friday craziness while supporting great local businesses.
Guests can start searching for the perfect holiday gift from some of the best local vendors selling homemade decor, gifts, clothes, candles, and so much more while enjoying delicious food and beer.
The event is free to attend.
Here are the vendors that will be participating in this Saturday’s Shop Local Market.
- C & J Co – hand crafted candle maker
- Dry Run Goods – Quality secondhand menswear and accessories
- Carolina Islands Soap Works – Vegan artisan salt soaps and sponges
- GypsyCastaway – custom sterling silver jewelry featuring native shells, sea glass, pottery, antlers and feathers. New product line includes belt buckles and hair clips.
- Creative Niche Gifts – Wreaths, ornaments, signs, gifts
- Beautifully Simple Soap – handmade soap, lotion, beard balm & oil
- Wild Magnolia Boutique – Women’s clothing
- iheartlulabees – Handmade jewelry
- Stacia’s Creations – Handpainted rustic signs on reclaimed wood, canvas art
- DSCdesigns Cityscape Collections – Glassware, mugs, tea towels and ornaments decorated with vendor’s illustrations of the Charleston skyline.
- AV-Photography – vendor’s photography on 15 oz coffee mugs, prints, and greeting cards
- Connie’s Customs – Quilted items, purse, coin purses, mug rugs, table runners, towels (embellished), dog collars, all are hand made
- The Rising Tied – Driftwood macrame wall hangings, macrame earrings, macrame holiday ornaments
- Haus of Hygiene – Soaps, bath products, skincare, perfume
- Cotton Avenue Boutique – Women’s Clothing
- Mauveline Creations – Hand cut Leather Earrings
- W&C SPAIN – Gourmet products from Spain
- Reflections African Jewelry, LLC – Handcrafted African Jewelry
Click here for more info.
Events12 hours ago
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...
Charity16 hours ago
Big Brothers Big Sisters to Host BIG Lowcountry Boil on December 3rd
Events17 hours ago
City of Charleston Announces Upcoming Holiday Events
Events17 hours ago
Cougar Night Lights Returns to Cistern Yard For Holiday Season
Events20 hours ago
Greeting Card Competition Winners at the Holiday Festival of Lights
Events21 hours ago
Pink Cactus to Host Tequila Dinner With Tears of Llorona on 11/29
Events23 hours ago
2022 World Cup Watching Parties in Charleston