On the heels of last month’s new partnership announcement between Basic Kitchen’s founders Kate and Ben Towill and their friends from NYC’s The Fat Radish, Natalie Freihon and Executive Chef Nick Wilber, the popular downtown eatery says it is ready to introduce its new fall dinner and cocktail menus during the week of October 15th.
Chef Wilber’s updated dinner menu, which is available nightly from 5:30 pm – 10 pm, includes seasonal, local ingredients and is inspired by local purveyors and farmers. The fall menu is filled with Lowcountry flavors like:
- Mushroom Rillette with grits sourdough, grainy mustard, and pickled cornichons
- Lane Snapper Crudo with muscadine grapes, citrus, and chili
- Farmer’s Bowl with potatoes, string beans, local cherry tomatoes, kale and hemp seed pesto, with wild rice
- Shrimp Veracruz with Carolina shrimp, roasted peppers, olives, and Carolina gold rice
- Roasted Wreckfish with three pea salad, arugula and green beans
Signature favorites like the Cauliflower “Wings” and the Basic Bowl remain.
Much like it’s food menu, Basic Kitchen’s new cocktail menu highlights local produce. New libations include:
- “Stalk or Heart” with vodka, St. Germain, celery juice, lime, and saline
- “Lean Mean Green” with tequila, a parsley cilantro verdita, lemon, and chili salt
- “Hurricane” with rum, chinola passionfruit liquor, and lemon
The beverage program also features a natural wine list, draft beers, and seasonal mocktails.
In addition to the new food and beverage offerings, the Basic Kitchen crew has reimagined the restaurant’s indoor and outdoor spaces. The interiors have been updated to include comfortable new barstools, additional table seating, and cheerful art and decor additions. With the help of local gardener Rita Bachmann of Rita’s Roots, the back patio has also been transformed into an edible garden, which Chef Wilber is gathering daily for his menu.
Basic Kitchen is located at 82 Wentworth Street and is open for dinner nightly from 5:30 – 10 pm, with lunch service on Monday – Friday from 11 am – 3 pm, snacks from 3 – 5:30 pm, and weekend brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am – 3 pm. Reservations are available on Resy. For more information visit basickitchen.com or follow @BasicKitchen.
All photos by Steve Freihon.
Second Annual Car Show in Summerville Benefits Families Living with Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia
The ARK of South Carolina announced that it will be hosting its second annual Car Show on Saturday, March 25th...