On the heels of last month’s new partnership announcement between Basic Kitchen’s founders Kate and Ben Towill and their friends from NYC’s The Fat Radish, Natalie Freihon and Executive Chef Nick Wilber, the popular downtown eatery says it is ready to introduce its new fall dinner and cocktail menus during the week of October 15th.
Chef Wilber’s updated dinner menu, which is available nightly from 5:30 pm – 10 pm, includes seasonal, local ingredients and is inspired by local purveyors and farmers. The fall menu is filled with Lowcountry flavors like:
- Mushroom Rillette with grits sourdough, grainy mustard, and pickled cornichons
- Lane Snapper Crudo with muscadine grapes, citrus, and chili
- Farmer’s Bowl with potatoes, string beans, local cherry tomatoes, kale and hemp seed pesto, with wild rice
- Shrimp Veracruz with Carolina shrimp, roasted peppers, olives, and Carolina gold rice
- Roasted Wreckfish with three pea salad, arugula and green beans
Signature favorites like the Cauliflower “Wings” and the Basic Bowl remain.
Much like it’s food menu, Basic Kitchen’s new cocktail menu highlights local produce. New libations include:
- “Stalk or Heart” with vodka, St. Germain, celery juice, lime, and saline
- “Lean Mean Green” with tequila, a parsley cilantro verdita, lemon, and chili salt
- “Hurricane” with rum, chinola passionfruit liquor, and lemon
The beverage program also features a natural wine list, draft beers, and seasonal mocktails.
In addition to the new food and beverage offerings, the Basic Kitchen crew has reimagined the restaurant’s indoor and outdoor spaces. The interiors have been updated to include comfortable new barstools, additional table seating, and cheerful art and decor additions. With the help of local gardener Rita Bachmann of Rita’s Roots, the back patio has also been transformed into an edible garden, which Chef Wilber is gathering daily for his menu.
Basic Kitchen is located at 82 Wentworth Street and is open for dinner nightly from 5:30 – 10 pm, with lunch service on Monday – Friday from 11 am – 3 pm, snacks from 3 – 5:30 pm, and weekend brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am – 3 pm. Reservations are available on Resy. For more information visit basickitchen.com or follow @BasicKitchen.
All photos by Steve Freihon.
Evening in the Park Events to Showcase Folly Beach County Park’s New Features
Bring your family and friends to Folly Beach County Park from 5 pm to 8 pm on August 19th and...
BCLS Hosts Old MacDonald Sing-Along Farm with Bright Star Theatre
Tyler, The Creator Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum in March 2022
Charleston Opera Theater to Host A Gala Celebration of Italian Opera on September 18th
Charleston Gaillard Center’s 2021-2022 Series Single Tickets On Sale August 6th
Palmetto City Ballet Announces 2021-22 Season
Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour Coming to North Charleston PAC
- Uncategorized7 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized2 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview4 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- News2 weeks ago
Surf Bar on Folly Beach is Closed…But For How Long?
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters