- I Will Reflect, the charitable arm of The Spa at Belmond Charleston Place has joined forces with the IMPACT Melanoma Foundation (IMF) to increase the community’s melanoma awareness. IMF has pioneered several very successful educational sun safety programs, the primary one being the installation of sunscreen dispensers in major cities such as Boston, New York City, and Tampa, that we will now launch in Charleston. Their goal is to install 25 sunscreen dispensers throughout the peninsula in strategic, high-trafficked areas. The Sport SPF 30 Sunscreen product is dispensed in measured doses and will be accessible to the public and free to use. With the support of the Mayor’s office and the Mayor’s Health and Wellness Advisory Committee, they are looking to raise a minimum of $70,000 this year to help fund the sunscreen dispenser project.A variety of donation packages are available – no donation is too small. Visit www.IWillReflect.org to make your donation today.
- On Thursday, May 31st, Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum accepted a new six-person golf cart that was donated by the Patriots Point Foundation to the museum’s official foundation, the USS Yorktown Foundation.The shuttle arrived at the museum in time for the start of the hot temperatures of the summer season. It will compliment Patriots Point’s shuttle and other electric vehicles in providing transportation for visitors traveling back and forth on the 200-yard pier where the USS Yorktown, USS Laffey and USS Clamagore are moored.
- The Charleston County Public Library will unveil a portrait of Cynthia Graham Hurd, which will be dedicated in honor of the 31-year library employee who died in the Emanuel AME church shooting in June 2015. Hurd was manager of the St. Andrews Regional branch at the time of her death.
A ceremony to officially unveil the portrait will take place at the Cynthia Graham Hurd/St. Andrews Regional Library on Wednesday, June 20th at noon. Refreshments will be served and the program will be followed by an ice cream sundae bar at 1 pm., which is part of the branches Kindness Week, organized in memory of Hurd and her philosophy to always be kind. Other Kindness Week events include a food drive, a reading pledge and more. For a full list of other events for Kindness Week, please visit the branch calendar.
- The Kessler Collection announced Steve Spear has been hired as general manager of the Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston. Spear brings more than 25 years of experience in the industry. In his new role, Spear will manage the resort’s day-to-day success, overseeing all operational aspects of the 50-Room Signature Boutique Hotel, including its Wine Blending classes and tasting room, Elevé Rooftop Restaurant and Bar, Grand Bohemian Gallery, and the Maison Café, which recently teamed with Starbucks.
- The Avian Conservation Center, an educational, conservation, and scientific organization in Charleston, has received a $10,000 Environmental Education and Stewardship Grant from the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, the non-profit arm of Dominion Energy.
The grant will fund the Lowcountry Environmental Access Program, which combines the Center’s medical, educational, research, and conservation objectives to foster awareness, concern, and protection for South Carolina’s treasured natural resources in the face of increasing and dramatic growth trends and landscape scale alterations to crucial habitat areas.
- The ACLU will celebrate 50 Years in South Carolina with a gathering at Republic Garden & Lounge in September. Click here for more info.
Sea Island Farmers Market Announces Holiday Night Markets
The Sea Island Farmers Market is excited to announce their Second Annual “Holiday Night Markets.” The special Holiday Markets are...
Disney Princess – The Concert Reveals Full Cast for Spring 2022 Dates – Including Show in North Charleston
The Gin Joint and Old Forester to Host “Women and Whiskey” in Support of Breast Cancer Patients in South Carolina
Firefly Distillery Hosting Annual Holiday Adopt and Shop Market on December 18th
Support Your Library with Some Holiday Shopping This Season
Regatta Inn on Folly Beach to Host Flippers & Fur Fest on December 5th
Jalisco Celebrates 2nd Anniversary on December 12th
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized10 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized5 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Uncategorized6 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized6 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview2 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 months ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie