The inaugural party will celebrate ginger, the ingredient at the heart of Virgil Kaine’s first whiskey – the ginger-infused bourbon – local ginger farmer John Warren, and his Johns Island farm, Spade & Clover. The evolving line-up of participating chefs and bartenders will highlight ginger in their various food and beverage options, which will help bid farewell to the 2017 ginger harvest season.
The party will be held at The Barn at Walnut Hill on Johns Island from 4:30 pm to 9 pm. Tickets are $48 per person and include:
- Food from participating guest chefs, including but not limited to:
- Rodney Scott of Rodney Scott’s BBQ
- Anthony DiBernardo of Swig & Swine
- Aaron Siegel and Taylor Garrigan of Home Team BBQ
- Cynthia Wong of Butcher & Bee
- And a special cooking experience by former chefs – and current Virgil Kaine founders – David Szlam and Ryan Meany
- Drinks from participating guest bartenders, including but not limited to:
- Teddy Nixon of Bar Mash
- Adam Rothstein of Home Team BBQ
- Justin Simko of Husk
- Live music:
- Red Cedar Review
- The Travelin’ Kine
- S’mores over a bonfire
- Beer, wine, and whiskey
- Laser skeet shooting
- Cigar lounge
- Transportation to and from the event
Tickets are available for purchase here. This event is for guests 21+ years of age. Provided transportation is available for all ticket holders – buses will pick-up at 4 pm (location TBD) and transport guests directly to the event. More information is also available via the Facebook event page.
The Barn at Walnut Hill at 3955 Betsy Kerrison Parkway in Johns Island.
Comedian Nate Bargatze Coming to the North Charleston PAC in May
Comedian Nate Bargatze will bring his “The Be Funny Tour” to the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on Saturday, May...