Home Team BBQ has created Tacos and Tequila, a month-long campaign to raise money for Hogs for the Cause, an organization that provides aid and relief for families whose child is being treated for pediatric brain cancer.
The campaign will take place throughout March. There will be a number of opportunities to support the charity, including:
- A featured taco created by Chef Jonathan Banta of The Atlantic Room in the Ocean Course and Home Team BBQ pitmaster Madison Ruckel will be served at all Charleston locations. All proceeds will go to Hogs for the Cause.
- Each Tuesday, a guest chef will be will create a special taco to be served at the downtown location for the duration of that week. The sales from this taco will also go to the charity. Each guest chef will be at the restaurant from 9 pm to midnight on their designated Tuesday.
- In addition, each Tuesday will also feature a guest bartender who will create a unique Milagro cocktail. A $1 from each will be added to the fundraiser total.
- All locations will serve a special shot of Milagro with a verdita (a variation on sangrita). $1 of each shot sold will benefit the charity.
- The downtown location will offer a tequila cocktail called “The Wild Rumpus.” $1 of each cocktail sold will benefit the charity.
- The cocktail is made up of milagro tequila, aperol, passion fruit, death relish agave, and lime shaken and served in a Collins glass over ice with a citrus salt rim
Featured chefs and bartenders for the campaign include:
- Chef Shuai Wang of Short Grain on March 7th with Bartender Jeremiah Schenzel of Scarecrow & Co.
- Chef Bob Cook of Artisan Meat Share on March 14thwith Bartender Sam Gabrielli of Proof
- Chef Reid Henninger of Edmund’s Oast on March 21st with Bartender Teddy Nixon of Bar Mash
- Chef Mike Lata of FIG/The Ordinary on March 28th with Bartender Nikki Fairman, FIG
For more information on Hogs for the Cause, visit http://www.hogscharleston.org/
Annual MOJA Arts Festival Continues Through October 9th
The annual MOJA Arts Festival, a celebration of African-American and Caribbean culture, continues this week with a variety of free...