Over the past 16 years the Charleston RiverDogs would host a charity auction during one of their home games, but this season the team is throwing a change-up and will instead host a month-long charity auction.
During the entire month of August, fans can bid on items that will benefit the Singleton Memorial Fund. Some highlights include:
- A week-long stay at a beachfront house on Edisto
- A stay at Wild Dunes Resort that includes golf and dinner
- New York Yankees Legends Club tickets with airfare
- Atlanta Braves tickets with on-field access during batting practice
- Autographed memorabilia from Hall of Famers Goose Gossage, Ryne Sandberg, John Smoltz, and Wade Boggs
- Bill Murray autographed items
- Golf with Mark Bryan of Hootie and the Blowfish at Bulls Bay Golf Club
- A chance to meet Billy Currington
- and much more
The Singleton Memorial Fund is in memory of Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, who was one of the nine victims at the Mother Emanuel AME Church on June 17, 2015.She is also the mother of Chris Singleton, a Charleston Southern University baseball player. Proceeds from the auction will be used to meet Chris’s educational expenses. Per Chris’s request, any remaining funds should be applied to the planned CSU Baseball Enrichment Center in memory of his mother.
To place a bid, log on to riverdogs.com and click the “online auction” link. Bidding is currently open and will close at 10pm on August 31. Winners will be notified with details on how to claim their items and packages. Fans can log in to the auction site directly by using http://riverdogs.milbauctions.com/gallery.cfm.
Miranda Lambert & Little Big Town to Play Credit One Stadium with The Cadillac Three
Country superstars Miranda Lambert & Little Big Town will perform at the newly-renovated Credit One Stadium, formerly the Volvo Car...