The 6th Annual Charleston Marathon takes place this week with a handful of events to occupy the entire weekend.
Here is this year’s schedule:
Friday, January 15th
- 11 am – 8 pm – Packet Pick-up/Late Registration/Health and Fitness Expo
- 2 pm – Youth Marathon Check-in begins
- 3 pm – Youth Marathon Run begins
- 5 pm – 8 pm – Pre-Race Dinner
- All events at Burke Middle High School
Saturday, January 16th
- 6:30 am – Packet pickup and late registration for Full/Half Marathons at Burke Middle High School
- 6:30 am – Packet pickup and late registration for 5K at North Charleston High School
- 8 am – Full Marathon begins at Burke Middle School
- 8 am – Half Marathon begins near Joe Riley Stadium
- 8 am – Shrimp & Grits 5k begins at North Charleston High School
- 8 am – Post Race Celebration Opens
- 9:30 am – Awards and Finish Line Entertainment & Celebration by North Charleston High School
- 8 am – Musical Performance
- 10 am – 5k Awards
- 10:30 am – Musical Performance
- 11 am – Half Marathon Awards
- 11:30 am – Musical Performance
- 1 pm – Full Marathon Awards
- 1:30 pm – Musical Performance
- 10 am – 4 pm – Shuttles return back to starting line
Sunday, January 17th
- 8:30 am – Bike Ride (20, 40, or 60 miles)
- All rides begin at Mamie Whitesides Elementary at 1565 Rifle Range Road in Mt. Pleasant.
All proceeds from the Charleston Marathon events go to The Youth Endowment for the Arts, which funds fine arts programs in Charleston county schools.
For more information, visit the official website.
City of Charleston, Charleston Redevelopment Corporation to Host Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Affordable Housing
Charleston Mayor John J. Tecklenburg, Charleston City Councilmember Robert M. Mitchell, and Charleston Redevelopment Corporation Chairman Eli Poliakoff will take...