- Charleston Mayor Joe Riley thanks Holy City for “extended opportunity” to serve (Post & Courier).
- Homeless ‘Tent City’ residents, advocates seek allies (ABC News 4).
- Fires break out near Spring Street and on Savannah Highway (Post & Courier).
- Mount Pleasant teen jailed in stabbing death files for immunity under self-defense law (Post & Courier).
- Sullivan’s makes list of Top 10 ‘happiest seaside towns’ (Post & Courier).
- Four strong choices for Restaurant Week steak-and-cake (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Restaurant Week costs creep past NYC Restaurant Week price (Post & Courier).
- Veggie Bin closes Park Circle location (Post & Courier).
- Fancy Soda Shop Parlor Deluxe Applies For Beer and Wine Permit (Eater Charleston).
- Find comfort and joy in the warming dishes of Park Circle’s Lotus Vietnamese Cuisine (Post & Courier).
- Fresh and flavorful Vietnamese cuisine comes to Park Circle (Charleston City Paper).
- This Sunday is Save the Light’s Oyster Roast (HCS).
- AutoBanh Food Truck Finds Permanent Home at Tin Roof (Eater Charleston).
- Chinese-Southern cuisine thrives at North Charleston institution (Post & Courier).
- #DinnerOnDave The Green Goat Edition (ABC News 4).
- Comedian David Cross Visits the Gaillard Theatre on 2/25 (HCS).
- Last Clemson-Alabama game launched dynasty and led to change (ABC News 4).
- ESPN’s Megacast Returns for College Football Playoff National Championship (ESPN).
- Cam Newton hosts Charleston shooting victims for Buc game in Charlotte (ABC News 4).
- Crab Claw drops “Titties at Noon” video (Charleston City Paper).
- Music-centric inaugural celebration features mayor-elect performing piano jazz (Charleston City Paper).
- The images from City Paper photographer Jonathan Boncek that we tried to cover up (Charleston City Paper).
- Byhalia, Mississippi premieres at Woolfe Street this Friday (Charleston City Paper).
- Obama’s gun plan will play into the South Carolina primaries (Post & Courier).
- Editorial: Obama’s worthy aim on guns (Post & Courier).
- Sheriff : Stricter background checks may not stop criminals from buying guns (Live 5 News).
- High school seniors in uproar over last-minute change to exam exemption policy (Post & Courier).
- Summerville mayor, council members to take oath (Post & Courier).
- Cultivating talented workforce among Charleston chamber’s top legislative priorities (Post & Courier).
- Panel takes look at South Carolina social welfare agency (ABC News 4).
- Legislators to participate in session preview (Post & Courier).
- Offshore wind turbine decision could come soon (Post & Courier).
- For overage kids at Northwoods Middle, a pathway to high school opens (Post & Coruier).
- S.C. business leaders support gas tax boost but not sure how much (Post & Courier)
- Charge dropped against assistant Charleston fire chief (ABC News 4).
- Two taken to the hospital after firefighters extinguish blaze in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston man second charged with attempted murder after shots fired at vehicle (Post & Courier).
- Authorities helping Upstate family search for stolen antique car (Post & Courier).
- Rifle Range Road back open after Wednesday night house fire (News 2).
- Shelters face financial burden, repeat offenders in cases of animal hoarding (Charleston City Paper).
- 22 horses seized from Orangeburg owner; 2 euthanized by animal control (News 2).
- Microbeads banned in many beauty, cleansing products (ABC News 4).
Events19 hours ago
The Refinery Announces October Event Lineup
The Refinery today announced its lineup of events coming up in October. Located on Charleston’s upper peninsula at 1640 Meeting...
Events23 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events24 hours ago
UPDATE: 3rd Annual Recovery Jam Postponed to December 3rd
Events3 days ago
UPDATE: Holy City Arts & Lyric Opera’s Performance with Elaine Alvarez Canceled
Events3 days ago
BCLS Hosting Halloween Crafts and Teens Candy Caper Mystery
Events4 days ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Rescheduled Due to Impending Weather
Events4 days ago
Frannie & The Fox Announces New Italian Sensibilities Dinner Series