Can you believe it’s already time for the Holiday Festival of Lights to begin? This year’s festival will run from November 13th through January 3rd, and will include an estimated two million lights over a three mile loop at the James Island County Park.
The festival’s will kick-off its 26th season with a Grand Opening ceremony on Friday, November 13th. The event will include live entertainment from Lowcountry Power Brass, awards presentations for the gingerbread house, greeting card competitions, and more.
Besides the driving tour, this year’s festival will also include:
- Festival Fun Run on November 11th and 12th
- Marshmallow Roasting
- Festival Train Rides
- Lakeside Lights Interactive Activity
- Dancing Light Display
- An Enchanted Walking Trail
- An Old-Fashioned Carousel
- A Portable Climbing Wall
- Four Gift Shops
- Concession stands
- Family entertainment on select nights – live music, storytelling, visits with Mrs. Claus, outdoor movies, and more. See the full listing on the official website.
For more information, including event hours, fees, and the most up-to-date schedule, call 843-795-4386 or visit the official website.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...