- Train derailment in North Charleston shuts down roads, delays CCSD buses (ABC News 4).
- 2 Lowcountry schools top U.S. News rankings (ABC News 4).
- CPD Chief: Increased cop killings, scrutiny could make recruiting more difficult (Live 5 News).
- 911 calls released in North Charleston drive-by Sunday that left woman dead (Post & Courier).
- Mt. P-ers, look for Vintage Coffee Cafe to open in June (Charleston City Paper).
- Five Questions With One of the South’s Best Chefs (Garden & Gun).
- Leftovers: Tidbits from the Food & Bev Community (HCS).
- 11 Charleston Restaurants Worth a Double Tap on Instagram (Eater Charleston).
- Old Village Post House to Pay Tribute to Carolina Gold Rice on 5/20 (HCS).
- HTBBQ in West Ashley Hosts Book Launch Party for Local Author on 5/18 (HCS).
- What to Expect of the Cocktails at James Island’s Screen Door (Eater Charleston).
- Tomorrow is “Yappy Hour” at Bay Street Biergarten (HCS).
- The Pixies showcase timeless music, guitar tricks at North Charleston concert Monday (Post & Courier).
- Southern Charm S2 E9: Who’s the biggest bitch of them all? (Charleston City Paper).
- Southern Charm recap: The strange case of Jekyll Island (Island Packet).
- ‘Southern Charm’ went down to Georgia in this week’s episode (Post & Courier).
- “My Name Is Ruth,” an award-winning comedy, is currently running at the 34 West Theater Co. (34 West).
- UNED!TED Closes Latest Season with “Cabaret Madre” (HCS).
- Suno hits the Charleston shore in NY Times style feature (Charleston City Paper).
- M.o.M Event: Primitive Skills Contest on 5/14 (HCS).
- Wando boys, girls both win Lower State soccer titles (Post & Courier).
- Dior and I showing at Terrace Theater May 8-May 14 (Charleston City Paper).
- Bond bill to fund MUSC Children’s Hospital, other projects cut from larger budget proposal (Live 5 News).
- Graham: ‘99.9’ percent sure he’s running for the White House (Post & Courier).
- Ted Cruz announces S.C. dream team in presidential bid (Charleston City Paper).
- Hillary Clinton’s first South Carolina campaign visit is May 27 (Post & Courier).
- State’s $236 million borrowing plan revived after being killed on a technicality (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County School Board approves new bell time schedule (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston hotelier’s tax bill ruling could have far-reaching impact (Post & Courier).
- College of Charleston program for students with intellectual disabilities raises parents’ concerns (Post & Courier).
- 40 Under 40 Nominations are still open (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Rescue officials: 2 people injured after inner tube hits moored boat (ABC News 4).
- CARTA Maintenance Team Wins National Title (News 2).
- Authorities locate body of missing 51-year-old Charleston man (Live 5 News).
- News 2 I-Team Investigates: Foster Care Crisis (News 2).
- Dig South gives Southeast startup scene a national boost (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Family frustrated, grieving after no arrests made in son’s death (ABC News 4).
- Highway 171 Sidewalk Construction to begin on May 13 (Charleston Chronicle).
- Berkeley County to buy GenEarth for $2.4M and ends smelly situation (ABC News 4).
- Two arrested for hauling baby on trailer attached to moped during Tropical Storm Ana (Live 5 News).
- Summerville residents frustrated over construction delays (News 2).
- Driver killed in early morning Hollywood wreck (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County Small Business Week to Be Celebrated with Free Workshops and Networking Events, May 18 – 22 (CharlestonCounty.org).
- Four students arrested for senior “prank” at Calhoun County High (Live 5 News).
- Waste Management Awards Charleston County with 2015 Think Green Grant (CharlestonCounty.org).
- 2-year-old boy dies in Dorchester County wreck (ABC News 4).
- Officials say check your fire extinguisher (News 2).
- Kiko the giraffe leaving Greenville Zoo (ABC News 4).
- Prosecutors drop charges against SC man accused of killing 30,000 chickens (ABC News 4).
- Gas prices still look low for summer even after spring surge (ABC News 4).
Events20 hours ago
Beagle-mania Sweeps Charleston! Pet Helpers Announces Adoption Event For Rescued Dogs
Pet Helpers will be hosting an adoption event on Saturday, August 20, 2022 for the 18 beagles transferred to its...
Events21 hours ago
Modern Literary Legends Set to Unite in Charleston this Fall
Events22 hours ago
State Officials, Google Executive to Headline SCDE Summit Highlighting Computer Science and STEM Education
Events22 hours ago
Gov’t Mule to Play the Music Hall Next Month
Events1 day ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Booze2 days ago
Wine Down Wednesday Returns to Old Towne Creek County Park Next Month