Rumors & Notes
Rumors & Notes: 5/2/15
- Summerville police: One dead in Cedar Street shooting (ABC News 4).
- Charleston police chief: Roaming pack of teens responsible for assaults, armed robbery (ABC News 4).
- Several cars, building struck by gunfire in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Police from Hanahan, North Charleston respond to shots fired call near Northwoods Mall (ABC News 4).
- One transported to hospital following shooting at N. Charleston neighborhood (Live 5 News).
- Groups vow to protest until Wilson steps away from Slager case (Live 5 News).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 5/1 – 5/3/15 (HCS).
- Winning peanut butter-and-jelly wing headed for Paisano’s menu (Post & Courier).
- Your Guide to Charleston’s New Restaurants: Spring 2015 (The Daily Meal).
- Lights and Booths Are In At Chick’s Fry House (Eater Charleston).
- Fuel Included on “America’s Best Tacos” List (HCS).
- The Nat Fuller feast opens a new chapter in Charleston’s forgotten culinary history (Charleston City Paper).
- Halls Chophouse owner buys Maverick Southern Kitchens (ABC News 4).
- Letter Announces Halls Chophouse Acquired Maverick Southern Kitchens (Eater Charleston).
- A backyard pepper farmer enters the culinary world (Charleston City Paper).
- Cinco de Mayo Doubles as Lowcountry Giving Day at HoM (HCS).
- Fast Casual Concept Wok Box Moving to Summerville (Eater Charleston).
- Museum street party to celebrate with French cuisine (Live 5 News).
- Johns Island gets first-of-its-kind commercial kitchen (Charleston City Paper).
- 27 Places for Great Shrimp & Grits in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- Lowcountry cops to run 128 miles to Columbia to kick off Special Olympics (Live 5 News).
- First Flush Festival Adds More Bands to 2015 Lineup (HCS).
- Spirits and Salsa: An Evening of Dancing at Striped Pig Distillery (Charleston Grit).
- The weekend in theater: April 30-May 3 (Charleston City Paper).
- Southern Charm’s Thomas Ravenel Blames Andy Cohen for Failed U.S. Senate Campaign (People).
- How a childhood without healthy food led Chris Miller to create an urban garden at Mixson (Charleston City Paper).
- Dragon Boats Festival Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- It’s official! PGA Championship to return to Kiawah Island in 2021 (Live 5 News).
- 2015 Party in the Park Lineup Announced (HCS).
- Gamecocks’ Davis, Anderson join Ellington in San Francisco, while Robinson goes to Detroit (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Bike Month is Underway (HCS).
- Photo Gallery: 98 Rockfest (Facebook).
- Watch Hootie & The Blowfish Play “Hold My Hand” on Letterman (HCS).
- Special Olympics games kicking off at Fort Jackson (News 2).
- Wong’s Asian Bistro in North Charleston closes doors (Post & Courier).
- M.o.M Event: Truck Push/Pull Competition (HCS).
- South Carolina College Student Finds Success as Taylor Swift Cover Artist (People).
- Taking Flight Comic Book Show Back at The Sparrow on 5/9 for 9th Event (HCS).
- While SC tourism booming, golf lagging (ABC News 4).
- RiverDogs’ “Run, Forrest, Run” 5K Race Scheduled for 5/16 (HCS).
- Shark Shallows exhibit Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Rocky D (HCS).
- At home in South Carolina, Graham tips hand on 2016 run (ABC News 4).
- In South Carolina, GOP hopefuls run against Obama, terrorism (AP).
- Matt Moore gets 2nd 2-year term as SC Republican chairman (ABC News 4).
- Endorsement-For-Hire Scam Alleged In SC Sheriff’s Race (FITS News).
- Body camera proposal meets key deadline, heads to House (Post & Courier).
- Donations from duplicate addresses pour into mayoral race (Charleston City Paper).
- 5 presidential hopefules visiting S.C. this weekend (Post & Courier).
- Proposed cellphone fee passes Senate on tight vote (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County school officials propose property tax hike to raise $22.4 million (Post & Courier).
- Senate passes expanded autism coverage over Obamacare objection (Post & Courier).
- Nonprofit human milk bank opening in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Wednesday rainfall totals break 1959 record, brings second wettest day of the year (Post & Courier).
- Local artist sends non-violent message to Baltimore (ABC News 4).
- Be mom’s fave this Mother’s Day with these local gifts (Charleston Grit).
- Power restored in Moncks Corner following equipment failure (Live 5 News).
- Charleston Animal Society asks you to vote for area’s hottest firefighter (ABC News 4).
- Authorities: Arrest made after car strikes fire truck in Hollywood (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston man gets 15 years for firing shots during attempted robbery (Post & Courier).
- #LifttheLowcountry beefs up donations on Lowcountry Giving Day (ABC News 4).
- Colleton County marijuana farmer sentenced to five years (Post & Courier).
- Crews on scene after sewer line overflows on Dorchester Road (ABC News 4).
- Unanimous support to rename federal courthouse for Judge J. Waties Waring (Post & Courier).
- 40 Under 40 nominations are open (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Grimke sisters to be honored in a city they grew to loathe (Post & Courier).
- Arrest made following a shooting in Downtown Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Unattended cooking suspected in fire that destroyed 6-unit apartment building in Hanahan (Post & Courier).
- Veteran of three wars, 91, honored in Berkeley County (ABC News 4).
- New sentencing hearing begins for man convicted of killing trooper in Goose Creek (Live 5 News).
- More bus riders needed: You go first (Post & Courier).
- Beaufort County may lead call for earlier school start date (ABC News 4).
- Meet Charleston’s new indie collective (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County EMS receives American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline EMS Recognition Award (Moultrie News).
- 14-year-old boy shot to death in home in Longs (Post & Courier).
- Helicopter will be used in construction near Don Holt Bridge starting Monday (ABC News 4).
- Duck Derby fills Reedy River with thousands of rubber ducks (Live 5 News).
Events9 hours ago
Volvo Cars will Host “The Volvo Experience,” An Immersive Career Fair
Volvo Cars will host “The Volvo Experience,” an immersive career fair at the Orangeburg County Conference Center on Wednesday, April...
Events11 hours ago
Charleston Area Therapeutic Riding to Host 2nd Annual Derby Party in Support of Therapeutic Riding for Individuals with Disabilities
Events11 hours ago
2023 Cooper River Bridge Run Parties & Events
Events12 hours ago
3rd Annual Drifter Fest Announced
Events13 hours ago
Summerville’s Flowertown Festival Returns This Weekend for its 50th Anniversary
Events16 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
Events1 day ago
BCLS Hosting Movie Showing for All Ages at Moncks Corner Library