On Friday, January 23rd, Chef Bryan Cates of Básico and the Mixson Bath & Racquet Club will host a chef’s tasting dinner. The event is open to the public and will be held at Básico.
Guests are invited to arrive at their leisure during the evening hours. Once there, patrons will be able to enjoy the following three-course meal:
- Amuse-Bouche/First Course
- Crudo – citrumello-cured fish, fresh blood orange, kumquat, and pomelo with shaved radish, puffed hominy, charred cipollini onion, and brown butter-roasted pistachio
- Second Course
- Duck-Liver Boudin – grilled duck breast with braised burdock root, marinated Peruvian lima bean, and kefir-poached garlic clove
- Mezzo Course/Third Course
- Key Lime Pie – Almond butter crumb with lime cremeux and fresh eucalyptus sorbet
The dinner is $45 for non-Mixson Bath & Racquet Club Members and $35 for members. Básico is open on Fridays from 11 am until 10 pm. For more information, contact the restaurant.
Bakari Sellers to Sign Copies of New Children’s Book on February 12th
Turning Page Bookshop will host CNN political commentator and New York Times best-selling author Bakari Sellers on February 12th. He...