Since 2005, the Charleston RiverDogs organization has held an off-season Hot Stove Banquet & Auction featuring some of the biggest names in baseball. The 11th edition of the event will be no different as Hall of Fame relief pitcher Goose Gossage will be this year’s featured speaker.
The banquet will be held on Friday, January 30th at the Charleston Marriott’s Crystal Ballroom. It will begin at 6 pm and tickets are $65 per person (tables of eight with preferred seating are $550). Admission includes dinner, a table gift, an autograph, and photo opportunities.
Earlier that afternoon, the organization will also host a VIP Meet & Greet with Gossage. Beginning tomorrow, fans who would like to attend can bid on tickets on riverdogs.com.
Here are some of Gossage’s career highlights:
- Enshrined in Baseball’s Hall of Fame in 2008
- Pitched in 1,002 games over 22 seasons with 9 different teams
- Tallied 310 saves
- Made nine All-Star Game appearances
- Pitched in three World Series
- Led the American League in saves in 1975 with 26, 1978 with 27, and 1980 with 33
- Holds the New York Yankees career record for ERA (2.14) and hits per nine innings (6.59)
- In 1975 and 1978, Gossage was named The Sporting News Fireman/Reliever of the Year while making the All-Star team for the first time
- In 1978, was named the American League’s Rolaids Relief Pitcher of the Year
Proceeds from this year’s event will benefit The Citadel, College of Charleston and Charleston Southern baseball programs, as well as the MUSC’s Storm Eye Institute.
For additional information or to purchase tickets, you can call the RiverDogs at (843) 577-DOGS (3647). You can also purchase tickets online.
Bakari Sellers to Sign Copies of New Children’s Book on February 12th
Turning Page Bookshop will host CNN political commentator and New York Times best-selling author Bakari Sellers on February 12th. He...