- Nosebleed on flight from Dulles grounds plane in Columbia over Ebola fears (Live 5 News).
- Bobby Harrell pleads guilty, resigns from office (Live 5 News).
- Gang threats force changes to Summerville/Colleton football game (ABC News 4).
- Drones, SWAT surround Summerville game after gang threats (ABC News 4).
- United we win, divided we lose (Post & Courier).
- Tip leads to bus stop arrest of student with loaded gun (Live 5 News).
- Academic Magnet shrugs off watermelon controversy; team secures playoff spot (Post & Courier).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 10/24 – 10/26/14 (HCS).
- Local Menu Items that Will (Arguably) Cure Your Next Hangover (Eater Charleston).
- Butcher & Bee to host Beasley’s Chicken + Honey Dinner (Charleston City Paper).
- Edmund’s Oast Makes Eater’s List of ‘The 27 Hottest Cocktail Destinations Across the Country, Fall 2014’ (Eater Charleston).
- A Few Charleston Bars That Resemble Works of Fine Art (Eater Charleston).
- Fresh at the Farm Dinner Series Returns on Nov. 2nd (HCS).
- 10 Ingredients in Edmund’s Oast Cocktails You Pretend to Recognize, But Really Don’t (Eater Charleston).
- Brewvival 2015 will be held on February, 28th (CHSBeer).
- First Look at Mount Pleasant’s The Americano (Eater Charleston).
- Custom bakery taking orders on Johns Island (Post & Courier).
- 15 Dive Bars of Varying Grunge to Visit in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- Can John Lewis replicate his pit here? Stephan Pyles is skeptical (Post & Courier).
- 10 Thought-Provoking Quotes from Sean Brock and David Chang’s Cookbook Talk (Eater Charleston).
- Frosted Flake chicken coming to Coastal Carolina Fair (Post & Courier).
- Bill Murray is at his best as the showy antihero of St. Vincent (Charleston City Paper).
- The Found Footage Festival returns with a collection of bitchin’ bad videos (Charleston City Paper).
- 2015 Charleston Animal Society Firefighter Calendars on sale NOW (Charleston Firefighter Calendar).
- Nuovo Cinema Italiano Film Festival Back at CofC for Year 8 (HCS).
- South Carolina Stingrays built for playoff run (Post & Courier).
- Stingrays blanked by Greenville, 3-0 (Post & Courier).
- Filmmaker Andy Coon’s web series Often Awesome documents a dearly departed friend’s battle with ALS (Charleston City Paper).
- Taking Flight Comic Book Show Back at The Sparrow this Saturday for 7th Event (HCS).
- VIDEO/PHOTOS: Divers carve massive pumpkin at SC Aquarium (Live 5 News).
- Friday Football Frenzy Week 9: Scores, highlights, recaps, and galleries (ABC News 4).
- Biergarten’s “Night of the Living Dead” Halloween Party (HCS).
- This Week in #CHS Tweets (Charleston Grit).
- Inaugural “Folly Beach Battle of the Bags” Scheduled for Nov. 8th (HCS).
- Henry McMaster has strong lead over Bakari Sellers in lieutenant governor’s race (Post & Courier).
- SC: Couple can’t bring same-sex federal lawsuit (News 2).
- Ervin releases new ad, hits Haley on connections (Post & Courier).
- State leader calling for football team’s suspension for post-game celebrations (Live 5 News).
- 1,900 feet of power cord stolen from Festival of Lights display (Charleston City Paper).
- Reward offered in steel rail theft at old Navy Base in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Yes 4 Schools forum focuses on concerns of West Ashley residents (ABC News 4).
- The ATTESSA IV, a “super yacht” is currently docked in Charleston (complete with its own helicopter). It’s owner is Dennis Washington, the 79th richest person in America. His net worth is estimated to be $6 billion (Charter World/Wikipedia).
- “CBS This Morning” Talks Charleston & Conde Nast Traveler (HCS).
- Arrest made in James Island shooting (ABC News 4).
- Moody’s gives city of Charleston triple-A bond rating (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Coach Earl Brown (HCS).
- SC woman sentenced for lying to FBI in kidnap case (News 2).
- Two hospitalized in Savannah Hwy. motorcycle wreck (Live 5 News).
- Man accused of injuring couple in chase found guilty of bank robbery (ABC News 4).
- Trident unveils new Center Point medical facility (ABC News 4).
- Maggie-Faye’s journey: Living with Cystic Fibrosis (News 2).
- Berkeley school district ready to invest $198M on improvement projects (ABC News 4).
- Charleston police awarded $136k grant for DUI task force officers (Live 5 News).
- Arrests made in West Ashley convenience store robbery (ABC News 4).
- Report: Robbery victim following suspects stops pursuit after hearing gunshots (Live 5 News).
- Goose Creek Branch NAACP celebrates 10th annual Freedom Fund Banquet (News 2).
- A look back: The Susan Smith case (ABC News 4).
- Four families displaced following Goose Creek apartment fire (Live 5 News).
- Aviation Authority board approves funds for art, furniture at Charleston airport (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Mom gets 1 year for wreck that killed daughters (News 2).
- Customer service company adding 200 jobs at facility in North Charleston (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Police say Subway robbery suspect caught (ABC News 4).
Events1 day ago
Valentine’s Day 2022 Menus, Events, Discounts, and Specials
Looking for some sweet plans for Valentine’s Day? Look below for a list of events and special menus being offered...
Events2 days ago
UPDATE: Fairy House Festival Canceled
Events2 days ago
The Price is Right Live! Returns to the North Charleston PAC in April
Events2 days ago
3rd Annual CofC Day Set for January 27th
Events2 days ago
The Charleston Place to Host Career Fair on February 3rd
Charity2 days ago
Reading Partners SC to host Community Information Sessions to Address Critical Need for Virtual Volunteers
Events3 days ago
Oysters on the Point Returns on February 5th with Empire Strikes Brass