- Charleston City Council approves one-year moratorium on new bars in the peninsula’s entertainment district (Post & Courier).
- Charleston nonprofit sends aid to town hit by Ebola (Live 5 News).
- Charleston’s New Hot Spots (Garden & Gun).
- Pedestrian and bicyclist injured in downtown hit-and-runs (Charleston City Paper).
- The 2014 Taste of Charleston Starts this Friday (HCS).
- Is Leon’s Oyster Shop Too Hip For This Critic? (Eater Charleston).
- New Belgium’s Clips Beer & Film Tour Stops in Charleston Thursday (HCS).
- 5 Things to Know About North Central Addition St. Alban (Eater Charleston).
- Southern food stories underfoot at new country music history site (Post & Courier).
- Hogs for a Cause Big Barbecue; Wine Dinner at Butcher & Bee (Eater Charleston).
- The Daily, a new gourmet market, opens on Upper King (Post & Courier).
- Court filing sheds light into end of Bobby Harrell-Alan Wilson dispute (Post & Courier).
- Deadline to register to vote is coming up (ABC News 4).
- Sheheen pulls latest ad attacking Haley on DSS (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley County Councilman asks DHEC to shut down smelly operation (ABC News 4).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Former Senator Robert Ford (HCS).
- City Council gives initial approval to extend King Street bike parking ban (Post & Courier).
- Acting House speaker advocates term limits for job (ABC News 4).
- Republic Presents The Belvedere Lounge with Elise Testone (HCS).
- Best Film: The Boy and the Bus by Simon Pitts
- Regional Spotlight (best film from NC/SC/GA/FL): Last Night at the Ellington by Geoffrey Gunn
- Replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall To Be Displayed at Patriots Point (HCS).
- Dick Bender named assistant basketball coach at College of Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Citadel coach Mike Houston says Bulldogs must ‘stick to their guns’ (Post & Courier).
- Clemson’s Dabo Swinney condemns overzealous fans attacking players on social media (Post & Courier).
- Minus Connor Shaw, the Gamecocks’ rally at Mizzou still endures (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Battery’s Dane Kelly earns USL Pro First Team honors (Post & Courier).
- Dinner to help deputies shot during West Ashley standoff (ABC News 4).
- Expert: More trollies, bikes and pedestrians likely part of peninsula’s future mobility (Post & Courier).
- Coroner: Clemson student died from head injury (Live 5 News).
- Sheriff: No indication hazing played a part (Live 5 News).
- Clemson suspends 24 fraternities’ social, new-member activities (Clemson Newstand).
- Police release sketch of armed robbery suspect (ABC News 4).
- Fire destroys N. Charleston mobile home (Live 5 News).
- ‘Vague’ bomb threat called in to airport construction company Tuesday (ABC News 4).
- New childbirth simulation technology born at MUSC (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Charleston police trainee arrested for DUI (ABC News 4).
- Police ask for help in Goose Creek, Moncks Corner burglaries (ABC News 4).
- Boeing to open R&D Center by the end of the year (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Coast Guard rescues 2 after boat capsizes (ABC News 4).
- Dorchester Co. man speaks after home invaded by neighbor (News 2).
- 3 dead in murder-suicide at Birmingham UPS facility (Live 5 News).
- Mosquito spraying set for Charleston Co. (Live 5 News).
- Duke Energy says it will close SC coal ash pits (ABC News 4).
- How safe are you if your plane gets hit by lightning? (News 2).
- Arrest made in man’s shooting death outside Orangeburg hotel (Live 5 News).
Events4 hours ago
Palmetto Carriage Works Announces 11th Annual “Locals Ride Free Day”
Press Release On Sunday, January 23rd, Palmetto Carriage Works will host its 11th annual “Locals Ride Free Day” after pausing...
Events5 hours ago
Slipknot to Bring Knotfest Roadshow 2022 Tour to the North Charleston Coliseum on March 30th
Events6 hours ago
2022 Moms’ Run Resumes In-Person 5K at New Location
Booze2 days ago
Global Women’s Bartending Competition that Raises Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Coming to Charleston Wine + Food
Events4 days ago
BCLS Returns Backyard Birding with Charleston County Parks in January
Events5 days ago
EO Charleston Hosts Local Viewing of “Saving Spiracle: A Documentary About Entrepreneurs Surviving Covid”
Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend