- VA director says Charleston hospital doesn’t use ‘secret waiting lists’ (Post & Courier).
- He also said more than 99% of patients are scheduled for an appointment within 14 days, but audit finds the wait is actually 45 days for appointment.
Abortion, drugs, and slot machines will appear on your ballot this Tuesday (Charleston City Paper).
- College of Charleston to go smoke-free July 1 (Post & Courier).
- Charleston City Council members on 12 a.m. bar closing: Regrets, we’ve had a few (Post & Courier).
- Does Chief Mullen want to close all bars at 12? ‘Absolutely no’ (Charleston City Paper).
- City hosting 2nd public tourism meeting (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Turnout in Tuesday’s SC primaries expected to be low (The State).
- Alan Wilson says letting Bobby Harrell ethics ruling stand would create ‘super-citizens’ (Post & Courier).
- Governor Nikki Haley, Myrtle Beach mayor disagree on future of Atlantic Beach Bikefest (Post & Courier).
- Private poll shows early front-runners in Charleston mayor race (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry lawmaker: Texting ban penalty ‘a joke’ (Post & Courier).
- US Rep. Jim Clyburn faces challenger in Republican primary (Live 5 News).
- Gowdy says Benghazi super PAC isn’t necessary (Greenville Online).
- Tim Scott running against single opposition for Senate seat (Live 5 News).
- 186 illegally parked bikes confiscated in campaign to keep downtown sidewalks clear (Post & Courier).
- Russell Guerard files suit against opponent Limehouse ahead of primary (ABC News 4).
- Haley: Education funding must be priority yearly (Live 5 News).
- Berkeley County sheriff has challengers for first time in 20 years (ABC News 4).
- A Hwy 55 Burgers is apparently coming to Dorchester Road (Twitter).
- A Peek at Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams Before the Chaos (Eater Charleston).
- How to Fry Chicken according to Martha Lou (Charleston Magazine).
- Sol Legare founding family member Jefferson Wilder’s day in food (Post & Courier).
Jay Fletcher designs Smirnoff bottle (Charleston City Paper).
- Buy Dessert & Help Rescue Pets Find Fur-Ever Homes (IndieGoGo).
David Boatwright mural at Mira Winery depicts local chefs (Charleston City Paper).
- Guide to Boatwright’s Queen Street Mural (Eater Charleston).
- Shovels & Rope grace the Spoleto Finale with rock ‘n’ roll magic (Charleston City Paper).
- Spoleto Festival USA Finale Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- New documentary explores how Shovels & Rope made ‘something out of nothing’ (Charleston City Paper).
- Patriots victorious at Piccolo Spoleto’s sand sculpting competition (Post & Courier).
- Piccolo Spoleto Sand Sculpture Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Charleston’s Record-Setting Season Ends In Super Regional Round (CofC Sports).
- Kauffman cruises to S.C. Match Play Championship title at Seabrook Island (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry Kayak Anglers spreading the word about sport (Post & Courier).
- Six Tigers drafted for fifth time in six years (Post & Courier).
- Andrew Goudelock Could Return as Free Agent (The Bleacher Report).
- Wahine Surf Classic Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Reynolds Dean named CofC basketball assistant (ABC News 4).
- Volleyball league finds a home (Post & Courier).
- Future looks bright for College of Charleston baseball after historic season (Post & Courier).
- HoM Joins the World Cup Festivities (HCS).
- World Cup Central is at My Father’s Moustache (HCS).
- Suspect sought in fatal Berkeley Co. block party shooting (Live 5 News).
- Paul Roof says he will not seek his old job at Charleston Southern University (Charleston City Paper).
- City working on West Ashley economic development strategy (Post & Courier).
- Natural gas leak near Archdale community (News 2).
- Mother: ‘Ariel did not deserve to die’ (ABC News 4).
- Authorities ID body of man found in SC ditch (ABC News 4).
- Sanford wants airport to budget for furniture, art (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Fewer gifts for dads than moms this year, survey says (Post & Courier).
- SC WWII vets share center stage with President Obama at D-Day anniversary event (The State).
- Board of Trustees approve 3% tuition increase for College of Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Moncks Corner (News 2).
- Mt. Pleasant man dies during Bay Bridge swim in Maryland (ABC News 4).
- Three charged for mobile home fire that killed 12-year-old boy (Live 5 News).
- Louie’s Kids founder practices what he preaches (Post & Courier).
- Driver Hits Spartanburg Regional Door Delivering Gunshot Victim (News 2).
- Computer equipment pulled from auction of American LaFrance property in Moncks Corner (Post & Courier).
- Orangeburg residents say state missed storm debris (ABC News 4).
- Georgetown County Sheriff searching for armed suspect behind Pawley’s Island General Store robbery (News 2).
- Collapsed bridge a costly hurdle for Cypress Gardens, volunteers (ABC News 4).
- 8 die on state’s roads over the weekend (Post & Courier).
- Seabrook Island rolls out new website (ABC News 4).
- Vendue Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Weed-eating fish added at Lake Murray (ABC News 4).
Local Marketing Agency Opens Free Service Applications to Lowcountry Nonprofits
Press Release Trio Solutions Inc. (TRIO), a Mount Pleasant-based marketing communications agency, will work nonstop for 24 hours to provide...