- Stratford football coach Ray Stackley announces retirement (Live 5 News).
- Murder-for-hire trial of Chris Latham enters 6th day (News 2).
- Local doctor helps Haitian woman walk again (Live 5 News).
- SC Lawmaker: St. Peter Is Gay (FITSNews).
STRING OF VIOLENT ATTACKS
- Man stabbed by waiting attacker behind North Charleston store, police say (Post & Courier).
- Man tells police he was shot at while driving on I-26 (ABC News 4).
- Deputies: Suspects fired shots into home over alleged ‘snitching’ (Live 5 News).
- Local doctor, 66, hospitalized after she was robbed in downtown Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Report: Gun-wielding suspect kicked in victim’s door, arrested (Live 5 News).
- Dog recovering after front legs riddled with shotgun pellets (Live 5 News).
- Brewvival is only part of the fun, check out our event picks (Post & Courier).
- Beer is big biz in North Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Keeler, Johnson and Bacon Named James Beard Semi-Finalists (Post & Courier).
- Ted’s Butcherblock is now serving breakfast (Twitter).
- Drinking “Grand Ma,” aka Grand Marnier, is a Charleston thing (Post & Courier).
- Farmers Market Accepting Vendor Applications for Upcoming Season (Post & Courier).
- Arthur Lucas is a man on an organic mission (Charleston City Paper).
- The latest science emerging from the agricultural laboratories in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Lambs N Clams chefs announced for Wine + Food after-party (Post & Courier).
- C of C math professor Martin Jones is a protein-packing vegan (Post & Courier).
- Home brewing is back, but it is blending culinary arts, chemistry and engineering (Post & Courier).
- Bangin’ Billiard Bars (Yelp Charleston).
CofC/MUSC MERGER TALK
- Demystifying the “Charleston University Act” (Cistern Yard).
- College of Charleston students pose questions about merger with MUSC, take no official position yet (Post & Courier).
CofC Faculty Senate unanimously opposes merger (Charleston City Paper).
MUSC student government too (Charleston City Paper).
SEX, DRUGS and ROCK & ROLL
S.C. Republican senator introduces medical cannabis bill (Charleston City Paper).
- Former CCU and American Idol alum belts out dynamic debut (Weekly Surge).
- Big Gigantic wants to soundtrack your life from sunset to sunrise (Charleston City Paper).
- An Interview with Charleston’s Heavy Metal Band, Marytre (Cistern Yard).
Live Music: Eli Young Band, Death on Two Wheels, Drag the River, Mayer Hawthorne (Charleston City Paper).
Watchdog questions S.C. chief justice’s ties to Bobby Harrell (Charleston City Paper).
- Patrick fallout involves FBI, Secret Service, CIA (The Island Packet).
- Haley: Unionized companies not welcome in SC (The State).
- Upstate Republican wants to punish CofC for urging students to read award-winning book (Charleston City Paper).
- USC Upstate too (ABC News 4).
- College of Charleston responds to ‘Fun Home’ book controversy (Post & Courier).
- A look at the proposed compromise on ethics reform (The State).
- S.C. Senate tentatively passes ethics reform (Post & Courier).
- Gov. Haley suspends Williamsburg County sheriff after wire fraud indictment (News 2).
- Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor gets warm reception in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Stegelin: Gun nuts and beer nuts (Charleston City Paper).
- End lawmakers’ excessive influence on Aviation Authority (Post & Courier).
- Charleston County high-poverty middle schools fighting against late start, dismissal times (Post & Courier).
- $30M project used to renourish Folly Beach while educating high schoolers (Live 5 News).
- City plans for Citadel Mall renovation (Live 5 News).
- Ring Around Charleston schedule (Charleston Mag).
- Charleston-based Fantasy cruise ship to get new pollution scrubbers, port says (Post & Courier).
- Report: Fewer SC farms, more land in production (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County OKs $2.5 million for Angel Oak park (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley Electric Cooperative asks customers to report hazards (News 2).
- Park Circle stays the course with disc golf (ABC News 4).
- Coroner: Man doing yard work, killed after tree limb falls on him (Live 5 News).
- Mount Pleasant police looking for peeping tom (Live 5 News).
- Police say suspect was buying cocaine on Charleston’s East Side (Post & Courier).
- Esurance planning SC expansion, 450 jobs (ABC News 4).
- North Charleston on board with plan to fill wetlands, expand Centre Pointe (Post & Courier).
- Mother of 18-year-old murdered on his birthday plans to walk in protest (Live 5 News).
- Billion-dollar Boeing supplier didn’t consider Charleston region (Post & Courier).
- How food stamp recipients are cheating taxpayers (Live 5 News).
- Florida man sentenced for selling juvenile turtles in Hilton Head (ABC News 4).
- Woman impacts community through ministry, work with Charleston County schools (Post & Courier).
- Sally Atwater files to run for SC superintendent (ABC News 4).
- Laura Ball plays with tradition in her UNED!TED series (Charleston City Paper).
- Honor Flight movie to be shown February 20 & 25 (News 2).
- Jury finds man guilty of murder, attempted murder (ABC News 4).
- Investigators: Accused middle school teacher exhibited ‘classic predator behavior’ (Live 5 News).
- Six people arrested on drug charges in Beaufort County (ABC News 4).
- FAA investigates emergency landing at MYR (Live 5 News).
- Report: Tobacco use declining in South Carolina (ABC News 4).
Steely Dan Coming to the North Charleston Performing Arts Center in October
Jazz/Rock fusionists Steely Dan are bringing their Absolutely Normal Tour, the group’s first since the pandemic shut down live music...
Gaillard Center Announces “The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical”
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Author Martin Walker to Speak at Charleston Library Society on 8/4
Author Gervais Hagerty to Speak at Charleston Library Society
Arbordale Publishing to Host Back-to-School Book Sale
Jalisco Taqueria & Tequila to Host Parking Lot Party on National Tequila Day
- Uncategorized6 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized2 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview2 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks