- Summerville bank robbed Monday morning (ABC News 4).
- Police search for Target shoplifting suspects (News 2).
- Man sought for breaking into car at McDonalds (ABC News 4).
- Charleston airport travelers to encounter construction starting in January (Post & Courier).
- Big changes coming for airport construction project (ABC News 4).
- $11k reward offered for information on Heather Elvis’s disappearance (Live 5 News).
McCONNELL & CofC
- Would McConnell’s support of Confederate flag harm College of Charleston diversity efforts? (Post & Courier).
P&C writes about McConnell’s Confederate problem, but doesn’t mention that photo … yes, that photo (Charleston City Paper).
- Chasing Gochujang at Ko Cha (Post & Courier).
- 4th Sunday on King Street revenue helping barbecue business rebuild (Live 5 News).
- Leyla’s Opening Chef Quits (Post & Courier).
- Swig & Swine to bring wood-smoked BBQ to West Ashley (Charleston City Paper).
- Black Tap Coffee looks to expand to Wagener Terrace in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Folly family being sent to Disney by radio DJ’s nonprofit (ABC News 4).
- SC gas prices drop a half-cent in week heading into Christmas (ABC News 4).
- WATCH: Lowcountry military holiday greetings (News 2).
- Red Cross assisting fire victims in days before Christmas (ABC News 4).
- A Day of Giving: Can you spare just one can of food for the needy? (ABC News 4).
- Holiday shopping helping Georgetown businesses on Front Street (Live 5 News).
- Charleston’s worst Christmas: 1863 in S.C. brought Civil War shells, despair, and hope (Post & Courier).
- Shooting upsets Walterboro neighborhood (ABC News 4).
- Suspect aimed gun at Colleton County Sheriff’s deputy before being shot, officials said (Post & Courier).
- Fourth Sunday on King Photo Gallery (Charleston Scene).
- Magnolias restaurant to close for renovations (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Part 3 of News 2 Investigates: Berkeley School Resource Officers (News 2).
- 3 teen girls arrested for shoplifting, police say (ABC News 4).
- SLED now handling case of dead man found in ditch in Islandton (Post & Courier).
- Mother, daughter, 3rd woman charged in Walmart shoplifting (ABC News 4).
- Middle schooler turns class project into class act to help veterans (Live 5 News).
- James Simons Elementary School to start 2014 in new downtown building on King Street (Post & Courier).
- Tom Yawkey Wildlife Center is idyllic island refuge for Lowcountry, South Carolina coast (Post & Courier).
- Captain of sunken shrimp boat will sail on (News 2).
- SC attorney general says he will push for Supreme Court justice’s recusal in criminal cases (The State).
- Body found of SC man missing since Christmas 2011 (ABC News 4).
- Is curbing sprawl just swapping one headache for another? (Post & Courier).
- The Buzz: Who’s running for state schools chief? And who is – or is not – sleeping on Sanford’s congressional futon? (The State).
- The Wolf Studio Tour (YouTube).
- Blotter: Santa’s snockered again (Charleston City Paper).
- New jobs expected following expansion of Orangeburg facility (Live 5 News).
- ‘Myrtle Manor’s’ Taylor J Burt going solo? (The Digitel).
- Southwest reduces Upstate service again (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Second suspect arrested for theft of $54k worth of steel (Live 5 News).
- Brenner analysis: 70-33 is a nasty Orange Bowl number that doesn’t matter (Post & Courier).
- Craigslist Poetry: In a Holidaze (Charleston City Paper).
- November another strong month for Lowcountry hotels (Post & Courier).
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...