- Charleston City Council approves first reading of texting while driving ban (Live 5 News).
- The biggest gun bust in NYC history: Why Bloomberg is blaming the Carolinas (The Week).
- DNR: Girl, 11, bitten by fox on way to bus stop (ABC News 4).
- DHEC: Child exposed to rabies (Live 5 News).
- Moped rider leads police on slow chase after traffic stop in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Cops: Man points gun, threatens to kill taxi driver over fare (Live 5 News).
- Police searching for suspect following chase in N. Charleston (Live 5 News).
- 5 candidates vying for Mount Pleasant mayor (Post & Courier).
- Authorities intercept mailed marijuana, arrest Mt. Pleasant man (Live 5 News).
- Surfers Healing helps kids with autism catch some waves (News 2).
- Quidditch World Cup coming to North Myrtle Beach (ABC News 4).
These South Carolina journalists are headed to Syria to cover a civil war (Charleston City Paper).
- Berkeley County School bus driver shortage has some parents concerned (News 2).
- Básico ably anchors the reawakening Mixson development (Charleston City Paper).
- The Professional’s Guide to Surviving the School Year (Charleston Grit).
- No Chipotle for Mount Pleasant (Charleston City Paper).
- School security: time, training and a hefty tab (ABC News 4).
- New team of officers to patrol schools (Live 5 News).
- Costly electrical malfunctions at SLED’s headquarter put agency on repair circuit (Post & Courier).
- Q&A: Adam Rodriguez gets ‘Reckless’ after ‘CSI: Miami’ and ‘Magic Mike’ (Charleston Scene).
- Bridge Run unveils 2014 T-shirt designs by architect and the late Peyton Moore (Post & Courier).
- Tin Roof hosts Metronome Charleston Anniversary Bash (Metronome Charleston).
- Suspects tied to deadly shooting appear in court (ABC News 4).
- 9 Crazy Helpful Tips for CofC Freshmen (Charleston Grit).
- The historical reason why Charleston’s streets flood (Charleston City Paper).
- Jay Fletcher’s Charleston 25 print goes viral (Charleston City Paper).
- The Most Luxurious Meal in the Lowcountry? (Eater Charleston).
- Lowcountry has environmental crimes unit (ABC News 4).
- Less Than Jake doesn’t have a problem with living in the past (Charleston City Paper).
- Southern Charm’s “Money Shot” (Charleston Grit).
Ceiling falls on boy in public housing complex (Charleston City Paper).
- Sparc named 15th fastest-growing private company (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- It’s full speed ahead for Charleston City Marina expansion project, thanks to $1.5M grant (Post & Courier).
- MUSC to break ground on Summerville Children’s After Hours facility (Live 5 News).
- Ravenel road reopened following dump truck accident (Live 5 News).
- Authorities searching for man spotted with gun near Kingstree school (Live 5 News).
- Goose Creek’s Caleb Kinlaw follows family’s Sertoma Classic footsteps (Post & Courier).
Meet Live 5’s Harve Jacobs from 1985 (Charleston City Paper).
- Police: DMX arrested in Greer, accused of having marijuana (Live 5 News).
Steel Pony Charity Ride & Car Show (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Look up! It’s aviation week in South Carolina (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- 2013 Charleston Southern Football Preview (ABC News 4).
- The internet is a dangerous place for politicians (Charleston City Paper).
- Cannons recovered from site of Blackbeard’s sunken ship (News 2).
- SC’s ACT scores rise slightly for 4th year (ABC News 4).
- Coroner identifies man killed in officer-involved shooting (Live 5 News).
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...