Local Nonprofit to Host “Justice Weekend” Social Justice Conference
- How racism and oppression affect our mental health and well-being
- How to access affordable and culturally competent medical resources
- how to support ourselves and each other in our healing journeys
- Using creative tools like art, music, poetry, and storytelling to foster expression and healing
- Disability-accessible justice
- A film screening of “40 Years a Prisoner” with Mike Africa, Jr.
- And more
Community sponsors, vendors, and facilitators include: Black Voters Matter, South Carolina Restorative Justice Initiative, Women Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN), New Disabled South Rising, YASE. LLC, MisKonception, Abundance Birthing Collective, Root & Rebound, The Palmetto Project, SC Legal Services, Haymarket Books, and South Carolina Against the Death Penalty.
To support this work tickets are a suggested community donation of $5 for school-aged youth, $25 for adults, and $60 for a family of four. Sign up to attend this community event here.
You can learn more at www.justice-weekend.org. You can learn more about the host organization at www.blackliberationfund.org.
Outdoor Immersive Witchcraft & Wizardry Experience Coming to Charleston
CluedUpp, an immersive outdoor events company, will host their latest adventure – “Witchcraft & Wizardry: Murder by Magic” – in...