Traffic Alert: Nighttime Lane closures for Glenn McConnell Parkway for Paving
Construction crews will be closing westbound lanes, the westbound shoulder, and several westbound intersections on Glenn McConnell Parkway from Sunday, April 30th through Thursday, May 4th and again from Sunday, May 7th through Thursday, May 11th.
- Closures will take place from 7 pm to 6 am
- Intersection closures will occur on select nights
- Crews will assist in rerouting drivers
- All work is weather dependent
- Drivers are asked to be aware of reduced speed limits and use caution while driving through the construction area
The Glenn McConnell Parkway Widening Project includes improvements along an approximately 2.1 mile section of Glenn McConnell Parkway starting near Magwood Drive to the intersection with Bees Ferry Road. The primary goal is to relieve traffic congestion on Glenn McConnell Parkway and improve bike and pedestrian access throughout the project corridor. For more information, please call Charleston County Public Works at 843-202-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shovels & Rope to Kick off Acoustic Tour with Two Shows at The Riviera
Acclaimed local rock duo Shovels & Rope today announced an intimate, acoustic fall tour titled Bare Bones. The award-winning husband...