Dancing on the Cooper Returns to the Mount Pleasant Pier in April
Charleston County Parks’ live music and dance series on the Mount Pleasant Pier will return next month. Dancing on the Cooper will host a variety of bands performing different genres of live music throughout the year. The season’s first Dancing on the Cooper will be on April 29th and will feature country/Southern rock group Mason Dixon Band.
Dancing on the Cooper opens at 7 pm and music will run from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Guests can dance under the stars while enjoying a variety of live music genres, including beach/shag, Cuban salsa, funk/soul, rock, jazz, country, Motown, and the greatest hits of the ‘80s and ‘90s. Each event will feature a different local band.
This year’s musical lineup is:
- April 29th: Classic country and Southern rock music from Mason Dixon Band
- May 20th: Classic oldies and beach music from Shem Creek Boogie Band
- June 10th: Funk, soul, and jazz music from Kae Glass Band
July 4th: Motown, soul, and pop music from Bobby Alvarez and The Supernaturals in this special Independence Day edition of Dancing on the Cooper called Uncle Sam Jam
- Charleston County Parks’ annual Uncle Sam Jam event has been canceled for 2023 due to very limited parking during the construction of new amenities at Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and the anticipation of large July 4th crowds.
- July 22nd: Traditional Cuban jazz and salsa music from Gino Castillo Cuban Jazz Trio
- August 19th: Classic oldies, beach music, and a variety of rock ‘n roll hits from Vinyl Daze
- September 16th: Quintessential ‘80s and ‘90s hits with a side of nerdy comedy from The Spazmatics
Tickets to Dancing on the Cooper are $8 per person in advance and can be purchased by visiting CharlestonCountyParks.com. Events are expected to sell out, so advance purchase is recommended. If not sold out, tickets can be purchased on site at the event for $10 per person (credit card purchase only). Children 3 and under do not require a ticket.
Beverages will be available for purchase on site at the event. Food and snacks will be available for purchase at the River Watch Café and Gift Shop, which is located at the entrance to the pier. View the café menu here. Outside food, alcohol and coolers will not be allowed.
Seating is limited, so guests are encouraged to bring chairs. Chairs are not permitted within the dance area. Smoking and vaping is not permitted within the event. Pets will not be allowed on the pier.
The Mount Pleasant Pier is located at 71 Harry M. Hallman Jr Blvd. Part of the Memorial Waterfront Park complex.
The Establishment to Host Tequila Dinner on June 22nd
The Establishment is hosting a Tequila-inspired dinner on Thursday, June 22nd, starting at 6 pm. Chef Elliott Howells has created...