Historic Charleston Foundation to Present the 76th Festival of Houses and Gardens
Historic Charleston Foundation presents the 76th Festival of Houses and Gardens, March 15th through April 16th, 2023. Since 1947, the Annual Festival of Houses and Gardens has been the Foundation’s largest fundraiser and educational tool and has provided intimate glimpses into some of the most beautiful homes and gardens in Charleston. The vital support the Foundation receives from Festival patrons, donors and partners enables the organization to fulfill its mission – to champion the historic authenticity, cultural character, and livability of the Charleston region through advocacy, stewardship, and community engagement.
Festival attendees will receive a virtual key to the city as they enjoy a rare opportunity to go inside historic houses and distinctive gardens on the peninsula. Festival guests enjoy more than a month of tours, lectures, and special events – all highlighting Charleston’s rich history and culture.
Why the Festival is important:
- Annually, The Festival of Houses & Gardens attracts visitors from across the country to patron Charleston restaurants, hotels, and retail establishments. On average, 70% of Festival tickets are sold to guests from out of state.
- A variety of events highlight Charleston’s rich cultural and architectural history.
- Events engage and collaborate with locally owned businesses to present workshops and programming.
- Unparallel opportunities to Live Like a Local are available for both tourists and locals alike.
- House and Garden Tours: Hallmarks of the annual event, each walking tour is self-guided and allow guests to explore Charleston from a rare vantage point. Each neighborhood tour is identified by a central street and includes a selection of private houses, lovely gardens within walking distance of each other. Guides are stationed at each tour site to welcome guests and share the stories of those who built the city.
- Live Like a Local Events: Enjoy some of the best that Charleston has to offer with local events designed to capture the spirit of the Lowcountry. Events include Sunset Harbor History Tours by boat and Rosé and Roses in the garden of the Nathaniel Russell House Museum. Newly enhanced this year, dive deeper into Charleston’s music roots with the Festival Music Series.
- Food for Thought Luncheons: Participants enjoy a casual lunch provided by Caviar and Bananas and an educational talk with topics ranging from Denmark Vesey to Sweetgrass Baskets of the Lowcountry. Each lecture is held at the Foundation’s headquarters at 40 East Bay.
- Morning History Walks: Expert guides lead two-hour morning walking tours of Charleston’s early neighborhoods, providing background for the Festival’s House and Garden tours.
For tickets and information, visit HistoricCharleston.org/festival or call 843.722.3405.
Volvo Cars will Host “The Volvo Experience,” An Immersive Career Fair
Volvo Cars will host “The Volvo Experience,” an immersive career fair at the Orangeburg County Conference Center on Wednesday, April...