If I ask you to think about a versatile, inexpensive and tasty ingredient, what do you think of?
The first one that comes to my mind is rice. Let’s think about it. It can be paired with any type of food: pork, beef, fish, seafood, vegetables, nuts, different sauces, anything! It can also be served as a main course or as a side dish. It pleases everybody: kids, teenagers and adults. It is perfect!
When it comes to rice types, we can think about many of them. Each one has its own properties and flavors, of course.
Some rice varieties are brown rice, Basmati rice, Jasmati rice or orzo.
Today, we are going to be talking about Jasmine white rice. You may wonder what it has that makes it so special. Let’s see.
Flavor and texture
Jasmine white rice is a long-grain variety that enhances any recipe thanks to its distinctive aroma and sweet flavor. What’s more, once it is cooked, it is fluffy and soft, which makes it the perfect side dish.
You can check this link mahatmarice.com/products/jasmine-white-rice/ if you want to learn some more interesting information about Jasmine rice. It will give you further ideas when cooking it.
Do you want to try out a new recipe?
If you haven’t tried Jasmine rice yet, or if you have and you are willing to have such an amazing experience again, you can follow this recipe I brought you today.
This cilantro lime rice dish will take you just 25 minutes to be ready and you are going to be delighted!
You are going to need
- ½ cup of Jasmine white rice.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 ½ teaspoon of olive oil.
- 1 small clove of garlic.
- 1 scallion.
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro.
- A pinch of red pepper flakes.
- First of all, remember to rinse and thoroughly drain the Jasmine rice.
- Then, mix the rice, the water and ½ teaspoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Bring everything to a boil and cover it with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and simmer it for about 20 minutes. It is always advisable to follow package directions.
- After that, uncover the saucepan and fluff the rice with a fork. Add the garlic, the scallions and the lime zest. Mix them to combine everything. Let it cool.
- Finally, add the rest of the olive oil, a pinch of salt, the lime juice, the cilantro and the red pepper flakes, if desired. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Always remember that you can season this, and any, dish to taste. You can add some jalapeño if you really like spicy food. It will give the recipe a Mexican touch!
If, on the other hand, you are not a fan of spicy food, you can avoid using red pepper flakes and just season it with a pinch of black pepper.
It could be a great idea to use this preparation as a burritos filling. You can pair it with an avocado cream.
You now have seen how easy it is to prepare this dish and how versatile it can be. You can serve it as an entrée and give your guests a treat with this simple and at the same time original recipe.
It is so simple even amateurs can make it with no help at all! If you are a beginner at the kitchen, you are going to stand out in your next dinner just by following these simple steps.
Practical, versatile and delicious. Were you looking for something like that? You’ve found it! Now, it is your time to start cooking it.