To encourage the estimated 34.2 million tobacco users in the U.S. to kick this dangerous habit, WalletHub calculated the potential monetary losses – including the lifetime and annual costs of a cigarette pack per day, health care expenditures, income losses and other costs – brought on by smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke.
The Financial Cost of Smoking in South Carolina (1=Lowest, 25=Avg.):
- Out-of-Pocket Cost per Smoker – $119,486 (Rank: 7th)
- Financial-Opportunity Cost per Smoker – $1,599,222 (Rank: 7th)
- Health-Care Cost per Smoker – $144,542 (Rank: 11th)
- Income Loss per Smoker – $474,025 (Rank: 10th)
- Other Costs per Smoker – $12,885 (Rank: 24th)
- Total Cost Over Lifetime per Smoker: $2,350,160
- Total Cost per Year per Smoker: $48,962
To see the full report, click here.
The Charleston Place Announces 2023 Valentine’s Day Offerings
The Charleston Place today announced its 2023 Valentine’s Day programming. From a Galentine’s Sip and Shop in the courtyard to...