Personal finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2023’s Best & Worst States to Raise a Family and South Carolina was listed as the 5th worst in the country. This a slight improvement for the Palmetto State, which ranked 4th worst last year.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 51 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 43rd – % of Families with Young Children
- 34th – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 39th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 37th – Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 44th – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 39th – % of Families in Poverty
- 22nd – Housing Affordability
- 34th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 37th – Percentage of Residents Aged 12+ Who Are Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19
To see the full report, click here.
15th Annual Captain’s Comic Expo Scheduled for February 25th & 26th
On both February 25th and 26th, the Captain’s Comic Expo returns to Charleston to celebrate comic book culture. The 15th...