New Muse Concerts kicks off its fourth season on January 21st and 22nd with “Found in Translation,” a program of music for oboe and string quartet that ranges from the Middle Ages through the 20th century.
“We’re thrilled to present this unusual and fascinating program,” said New Muse Concerts’ Artistic Director Lydia Chernicoff. “We’ll be looking at how composers and poets inspire each other and how imagery becomes sound — searching not for what’s lost, but what’s found in translation. We’ll play a free preview concert at the public library on Saturday, and the full program at Principle Gallery the next day, after which the audience is invited to stay on for a glass of champagne and a chat with the musicians.”
- Saturday, January 21st at 3 pm
- FREE preview concert
- Charleston County Public Library – Hurd/St. Andrews Branch, 1735 N. Woodmere Drive, Charleston
- Sunday, January 22nd at 5 pm
- Tickets are $35 and can be purchased here
- Principle Gallery Charleston, 125 Meeting Street, Charleston
Cypress Gardens to Host 2nd Annual Screening of “The Notebook” in April
On the Reel Locations, a film screening event company, will host their 2nd Annual screening of The Notebook at Cypress...