Crews will close several intersections along Glenn McConnell Parkway on Sunday, November 27th and Monday, November 28th. Crews will work from 7 pm to 6 am on the westbound side of Glenn McConnell Parkway. All work is weather dependent and could take more than two nights to complete.
- Intersection closures include Glenn McConnell Parkway at Goodwill Way, Mary Ader Avenue, Sturh’s Funeral Home, and Baird’s Cove.
- Drivers coming from Mary Ader Avenue will be from rerouted down Shelby Ray Court and onto Goodwill Way to access Glenn McConnell.
- Drivers trying to access Mary Ader Avenue from Glenn McConnell Parkway will need turn onto Goodwill Way and take Shelby Ray Court.
- The Baird’s Cove closure will occur on Monday, November 28th. Residents will be able to access the neighborhood with the help of flaggers.
- Only one intersection will be closed at a time
- Motorists are asked to use extra caution while driving through the construction area.
The Glenn McConnell Parkway Widening Project includes improvements along an approximately 2.1-mile section of Glenn McConnell Parkway starting near Magwood Drive to the intersection with Bees Ferry Road. The primary goal is to relieve traffic congestion on Glenn McConnell Parkway and improve bike and pedestrian access throughout the project corridor. For more information, please call Charleston County Public Works at 843-202-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cypress Gardens to Host 2nd Annual Screening of “The Notebook” in April
On the Reel Locations, a film screening event company, will host their 2nd Annual screening of The Notebook at Cypress...