The Refinery today announced its lineup of events coming up in October. Located on Charleston’s upper peninsula at 1640 Meeting Street, The Refinery is a mixed-use retail, office, and event space featuring an outdoor music amphitheater, and is home to The Whale Craft Beer Collective, with Sweet Grass Vodka distillery and sporty sandwich shop Cleats opening soon.
Here’s the upcoming schedule:
- Oktoberfest at The Whale – October 8th
- The Whale Craft Beer Collective team will be donning their finest lederhosen and changing over their taps to their favorite Oktoberfest beers starting at 1 pm, featuring games like a stein hoisting competition, pretzel toss, and a costume contest. Neighboring eatery Cleats (opening soon at The Refinery) will be serving brats, pretzels, and other German bites. The party will keep going after the sun goes down, with music from DJ Kush Eternal and late night snacks from Dead Low Coffee Co.
- Hope Rocks by Camp Happy Days – October 14th
- Hope Rocks is an outdoor live music event benefiting Camp Happy Days, a local nonprofit offering support and encouragement to children diagnosed with cancer and their families by providing free year-round programs, special events, and access to crisis resources. Dance and rock out for a good cause to a performance by The Midnight City Band, with WCBD News 2’s Josh Marthers as emcee. Tickets are available for purchase HERE.
Charleston Vintage Market – October 22nd
- The best local vintage shops and sellers in town will take over The Refinery’s outdoor space for the Charleston Vintage Market – every fashionista and treasure-hunter’s dream. The market is free and open to the public, with kids and dogs welcome. While perusing the goods, vibe to music from DJ Dolla Menu, enjoy bites from Bangin Vegan Eats and Blackout Burger, and sip drinks from The Whale and Sweet Grass Vodka.
- Sweet Grass Vodka Grand Opening – October 28th
- The highly anticipated Sweet Grass Vodka Distillery, located within The Refinery, will be opening to the public with a celebration starting at 5 pm. Don’t miss live music by Corey Smith and DJ Cloud, Lowcountry cuisine and Sweet Grass cocktails available for purchase and activities like axe throwing, photo booths and a cigar bar. General admission and a limited number of VIP tickets are available for purchase here.
Islander 71 to Host “Champagne & Pearls” on December 10th
On Saturday, December 10th, Islander 71, a restaurant on Isle of Palms, will host “Champagne & Pearls,” an oyster roast...