Charleston County Government is assessing damage from Hurricane Ian. Residents can call 1-800-451-1954 to report any damage to homes or property. Shelters will remain open until 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 1. Buses will take people from shelters back to their original pickup locations beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday. Charleston County will move to OPCON 2 at 8 p.m. County offices will resume normal operations on Monday, October 3.
Citizens Information Line: The line will remain open until midnight on Friday, September 30.
- 843.746.3909 (Spanish)
Charleston County Parking Garages:
- All vehicles must be removed from County parking garages at 85 Queen and 90 Cumberland by noon on Sunday, October 2.
- Crews will be surveying all convenience centers and the Bees Ferry Landfill over the weekend so that normal operations can resume Monday, October 3.
- If your recycling service day was Friday, September 30, your service will resume on Friday, October 14, your next scheduled service day.
Charleston County Public Libraries:
- Charleston County Public Libraries are closed Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2. Branches are scheduled to resume normal operations on Monday, October 3.
- Book drops and automated material returns will also be closed during this time.
- Friday, September 30 at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 1 will hold a 2 p.m. session only.
Charleston County’s Hurricane Preparedness Guide can be found at https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/hurricane.php#hpg.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...