This Valentine’s Day, 11 Charleston-area businesses are presenting a special food or drink item with proceeds to be donated to Pay It Forward Charleston’s Emergency Relief Fund. In addition to visiting one of the participating businesses, those who wish to support F&B workers in need, including those whose lives were impacted by The Palms apartment fire on Monday, February 7th, can donate directly to the Emergency Relief Fund at www.payitforwardcharleston.org/donate.
The following establishments are where you can find a special benefitting Pay It Forward:
- Kwei Fei (pictured below) – A drink for two: A Strange Kind of Love – Strawberry Aperol, Sloe Gin, Vodka, Aloe, Orgeat, Lime, Cava $20 (for 2 people, available Friday and Saturday Feb. 11 & 12th)
- Babas on Meeting – wine by the glass poured out of a special Magnum (Friday and Saturday Feb. 11th & 12th)
- Goat, Sheep, Cow – pre-ordered Valentines Charcuterie and Cheese Board
- Poogans Porch – $1 from every Flowertown Tea cocktail will benefit PIF – vodka, sweet tea, and fresh lemonade (ongoing – launches this week)
- Felix’s – “French Kiss” cocktail (right) with muddled strawberries, lemon juice, chambord, vodka, chocolate bitters, sparkling rose (From February 7th through the 15th)
- Cutting Boards for a Cause – M&M Woodworking are donating 100% of proceeds from Valentine’s heart-shaped cutting boards
- HERD – Two items, partially benefitting PIF (February 7-13th)
- Dashi – Pay It Forward CHS cocktail, donating $2 per cocktail sold (ongoing)
- Butcher & Bee – Chef’s Choice food special (Friday the 11th – Monday the 14th)
- Rebel Taqueria – Strawberry Vanilla Margarita with house made strawberry puree mixed with Lunazul Blanco tequila and house made madagascar vanilla simple syrup rimmed with chili lime sugar. All proceeds benefit PIF (Friday and Saturday)
- Lenoir – “Bless your Heart” with gin, beet shrub, ginger, lemon and mint. Topped with Cava and served in a champagne flute. – $13 – donating 20% of proceeds starting Valentine’s Day weekend, Feb 11th through the end of the month.
- Handy & Hot – My Cherry Amore – maraschino cherry syrup, mocha flavored latte – served hot or iced – $7 – donating 20% of proceeds starting Valentine’s Day weekend, Feb 11th through the end of the month.
Pay It Forward Charleston is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable foundation. The Emergency Relief Program provides funding in the form of grants to those employed by or who own restaurants or bars or are employed by a restaurant or bar supplier that are faced with unforeseen financial hardship.