TripAdvisor released their list of Trending Destinations and Charleston ranked second in the United States and 18th in the world. The designations were part of the periodical’s “Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best” awards for 2022.
The Holy City placed behind Island of Hawaii, Hawaii on the United States list. The World list was topped by Majorca, Balearic Islands. Charleston was the only South Carolina city to make either list.
Here’s some Charleston area businesses ranked in the other categories:
- Best Fine Dining Restaurants in the United States
- No. 3 – Halls Chophouse
- No. 9 – Circa 1886 Restaurant
- No. 14 – Peninsula Grill
- No. 25 – 82 Queen
- Top Overall Experiences — United States
- No. 25 – Undiscovered Charleston: Half Day Food, Wine & History Tour with Cooking Class
- Top 25 Hotels — United States
- No. 4 – French Quarter Inn
- No. 25 – The Spectator Hotel
The Travelers’ Choice awards honor travelers’ favorite destinations, hotels, restaurants, things to do, and beyond, based on the reviews and opinions collected from travelers and diners around the world on Tripadvisor over a 12-month period. You can see the entire “Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best” 2022 awards here.