CARTA Announces Service Impacts Due to Inclement Weather
As inclement weather conditions progress, service may start late, end early, or be suspended if roads and/or bridges close and it becomes unsafe to continue operations.
Service impacts as of 3 pm on Friday, January 21st:
- All Express service and Route 203 will start 1 hour early this afternoon
- All Express service will end 1 hour early this evening
- Route 203 -The last trip from Jonathan Lucas will be at 8:30 pm
- All other fixed-routes expected to run as regularly scheduled throughout the day as long as conditions permit
- Expect potential service disruptions and possible service suspension for routes running after 7 pm
- Saturday (Delayed start) – All routes expected to start running at 10 a.m. pending weather and road conditions.
Conditions could change very rapidly and riders are encouraged to take any necessary trips earlier today if possible before conditions deteriorate and check RideCARTA.com periodically for service updates.
Service delays, detours, or suspension notifications will be sent via the following channels:
- Social Media: Facebook: @rideCARTA, Twitter: @rideCARTA and @CARTA_Alerts
- The “Transit” app: Riders are encouraged to download the app for service change notifications
- Announcements will also be provided to local media.
Transit operations are essential and any suspended service will be as brief as possible.
Staff will continue to closely monitor weather and road conditions on Friday and Saturday.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...