Personal finance website WalletHub this week released its report on 2022’s Best & Worst States to Raise a Family and South Carolina was listed as the 4th worst in the country. The Palmetto State had a better ranking (8th) a year ago.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 51 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 43rd – % of Families with Young Children
- 39th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 41st – Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 44th – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 39th – % of Families in Poverty
- 23rd – Housing Affordability
- 21st – Unemployment Rate
- 34th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 40th – Percentage of Residents Aged 12+ Who Are Fully Vaccinated
To see the full report, click here.
Basic Projects’ Restaurants Offering “The Dreamboats” Spicy Margarita for Charity
This Friday, The Dreamboats will launch a local fundraising campaign as part of their “Row to Grow” program. The Dreamboats...