Personal finance website WalletHub this week released its report on 2021’s States with the Best Elder-Abuse Protections and South Carolina was listed as the 3rd worst in the country. The Palmetto State improved slightly as it was ranked the 2nd works a year ago.
To determine which states fight the hardest against elder abuse, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 16 key metrics. The data set ranges from “elder-abuse, gross-neglect and exploitation complaints” to “financial elder-abuse laws.”
Elder-Abuse Protections in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 49th – Elder-Abuse, Gross-Neglect & Exploitation Complaints*
- 45th – Total Expenditures on Elder-Abuse Prevention*
- 17th – Total Long-Term Care Ombudsman-Program Funding*
- 41st – Number of Eldercare Organizations & Services*
- 29th – Number of Certified Volunteer Ombudsmen*
- 37th – Nursing-Homes Quality
*Per resident aged 65+
To see the full report, click here.
Basic Projects’ Restaurants Offering “The Dreamboats” Spicy Margarita for Charity
This Friday, The Dreamboats will launch a local fundraising campaign as part of their “Row to Grow” program. The Dreamboats...