Thompson, Gelber, and Snyder Team with AgentOwned Realty today announced that they had sold 138 and 140 Wentworth Street, also known as Villa De La Fontaine, for $3,500,000. This was the first time this one-of-a-kind property had been available for sale to the public.
The Kerrison House, later known as Villa De La Fontaine, was built circa 1840 and restored in the 1970s. New England architect Russell Warren, a relative of Nathaniel Russel, designed the home and rear bathhouse. The grand residence sits back from the street and welcomes you with a semicircular driveway and front-facing portico supported by columns with Temple of the Winds capitals. A descendant of the original merchant-owner, Miss Marguerite Kerrison left the estate to the Episcopal Church of South Carolina who maintained the home as the diocesan office until 1971.
Sold in a private bid to designers Fontaine & Hancock, the property once again became a private residence. Famed Charleston ironsmith Philip Simmons was commissioned to create the ornate gate and fence situated along the front property line.
One of the largest pieces of land in Harleston Village, this estate includes over 6,400 square feet of living space, an attached kitchen house, converted bathhouse apartment, two-story garage, and old-world style gardens. The impressive home includes a grand foyer, music room, library, formal living room, dining room, breakfast room, elegant spiral staircase, landings, a butler’s pantry, kitchen, numerous bedrooms, and private balconies. Historical and contemporary walls surround the perimeter of the home, saltwater spa pool, and additional outbuildings.
All pictures were provided by AgentOwned Realty.
Brasserie la Banque to Host “Vive La Banque!” Bastille Day Celebration on July 14th
Brasserie la Banque will be celebrating France’s national holiday, Bastille Day, on July 14th with a festive soirée. The event...