fbpx
Connect with us

News

City Announces 99.7 Percent Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policy

Published

on

Following yesterday’s deadline for compliance with the the City of Charleston’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, the city announced 90 percent of its employees have been vaccinated and 9.7 percent have received medical or religious accommodations, for an overall compliance rate of 99.7 percent.

Non-compliant city employees (1 full-time, 4 part-time) will be placed on one week of unpaid leave, after which any who are not yet compliant will be separated from service.

“I greatly appreciate city employees’ overwhelming participation in this important effort,”  Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg said. “Keeping our community healthy and safe is a top priority and, as evidenced by employees’ widespread compliance with this policy, it’s clear that they share that goal. We look forward to continuing to serve the citizens of Charleston and are grateful to be able to do so in a safe, efficient work environment.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Follow Us

Subscribe to HCS

Patreon

Ads

Jazz
Piano
Piano

HCS Sponsors

SCParks
River
WATheatre
Rocky Horror
FoodBank
Brookgreen

Ads

CHS Tour
CMH
T99
PourHouse
Nchas
Terrace
Forte
Patriots
HomageOSU
HomagePop
Brookgreen
Piano
Piano

Events

Trending

Holy City Sinner