The Charleston Pour House, Redux Contemporary Art Center, and Charlietown Prints today announced the 19th Annual Mural Competition. The mural project is a competition for local and regional artists to create large scale murals in and around the Charleston Pour House. There will be a total of 23 spots available, with varying sizes but most within the range of 8’x10’.
Artists must start and complete their murals from January 17th through January 23rd during open hours. Voting from the public will take place the following week, concluding on Sunday, January 30th. Prizes will be awarded to the top three fan favorite murals.
You can view the submission form here – https://form.jotform.com/
– $500 cash prize
– 1-year of FREE SHOWS at Charleston Pour House
– New design for t-shirts sold at the Pour House by Charlietown Prints
– Redux will give the winning mural a free class of the artist’s choice (This includes any multi-week class or any one-night workshop)
– $200 cash prize
– $50 gift certificate to Charleston Pour House
– 3-months of FREE SHOWS at Charleston Pour House
– Redux is willing to throw in a free one-day workshop class of the muralist’s choosing
– $100 cash prize
– Pour House merch package
– 1-month of FREE SHOWS at Charleston Pour House
– Entry to one ticketed event at Redux, including the Annual Art Auction & Gala
Every artist selected to participate in the mural competition will receive a one-year membership to Redux.
What We Are Looking For:
We would like each artist to submit a mural design with the inspiration being promoting community through music and art. All murals *must* be able to stand up to outside weather, i.e., sealant, polyurethane etc., any and all styles are welcomed for submission. We are looking for captivating designs that are visually appealing to the Pour House audience and represent the community we foster.
ENTRY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age
- Artists must submit samples or images of the proposed mural design with application
- Entries must be artist’s original work
- If accepted, artist’s work must be complete (including weather proofing) by January 17th
- While some paint and other supplies (brushes etc.,) will be available for use, the artist is responsible for providing any specific colors or materials they may need
A panel of Pour House and Redux staff along with Charlietown Prints will select participants based on the artist’s submissions and the demonstrated strength of the artist’s concept and craftsmanship, as well as originality of the proposed mural. Submit your design in the size of the dimension in which category you prefer to take part, but final say will be from the staff in deciding what area each artist design will fit best. When creating the design, think Love, think Live, think Music.
NOV 24th – Submissions open
JAN 3 – Submissions close
JAN 7 – Notifications sent
JAN 17– Mandatory in-person meeting for all muralists
JAN 17 – Painting of murals begins
JAN. 23 – Last day for mural painting
JAN. 24 – 30 VOTING IS LIVE
FEB 1 – Winners announced
Charleston Animal Society’s “Vax-a-palooza” Aims to Set First World Record
Charleston Animal Society (CAS) says they are aiming to set the first world record for most pet vaccine pledges in...