Local nonprofit Going Places will be surprising all 390 children that attend Lambs Elementary with a new, custom bike on November 15th. However, they still need volunteers to help build the bikes, load the bikes onto the semi trucks, and to help at the bike reveals. See below for all volunteering details.
At the Bike builds:
- November 11th, 12th, and 13th
- Bintelli Warehouse, 7391 Pepperdam Ave., North Charleston, SC 29418
- 30 volunteers per 2 hour time slot, may sign up for more than 1 time slot
- Please bring the listed tools but Going Places can still use you if you don’t have tools (Going Places needs donations of these tools as well)
- 15mm combination wrench
- 14mm combination wrench
- 13 mm combination wrench
- 6 mm Allen wrench
- 2 x 4 in Philips screw drive
At the bike reveal:
- November 15th at Lambs Elementary (6800 Dorchester Rd., North Charleston)
- 100 volunteers needed to unload the bikes off of the semi trucks, set them up under big tarps, and surprise the students when volunteers pull the tarps off
- All students will be outside to watch the bike reveal
- Going Places also needs volunteers to stay throughout the day until 5 pm to distribute bikes to parents (CCSD requires masks on campus)
All volunteers at all events:
- Must sign up to volunteer: 2 hr time slots, may sign up for more than 1 time slot
- If you signed up and can’t make it, PLEASE cancel online since Going Places will need to refill that spot
Interested parties can register to volunteer for all events here.
About Going Places
Going Places’ mission is to provide disadvantaged kids with their most basic childhood right- A right to Joy. They do that by surprising every child in the low-income, high-poverty elementary schools with a brand new, high quality, custom bike. A bike represents Joy, freedom, escape, ownership, and restored innocence in these children’s lives. By the end of 2021, Going Places will have given 2,520 bikes to disadvantaged kids in 4.5 years time.
Going Places is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
To learn more visit www.GoingPlacesNonprofit.org or call 224-715-5156.
Colour of Music Festival Returns to Charleston from February 2nd to 5th
The Colour of Music Festival, which highlights musicians and composers of color, will host a Chamber Music Series in Charleston...