Tax bill information:
- If you do not receive your property bills by October 31, please contact the Auditor’s Office to verify your mailing address.
- Contact the Assessor’s Office if you have questions about your real property tax assessment ratio.
- Questions regarding appraisal values for real property should be directed to the Assessor’s Office.
- If you owned your watercraft on January 1, 2021, you are responsible for the property taxes.
- If your business personal or rental residential tax bill is more than you expected, please verify that your 2021 return was filed.
- Property tax payments can be made at the Treasurer’s Office or online at http://sc-charleston-county.governmax.com/svc/.
A reminder that residents can now enroll in the Treasurer’s Office Advance Property Tax Installment Plan for their 2022 bill. This program allows taxpayers who own real property to split up their property tax payments into six equal payments. To participate, taxes cannot be held in escrow by a mortgage company, and October 2021 tax bills must be paid by the January 2022 deadline. Residents can find more details and fill out an application here: https://www.charlestoncounty.
Spoleto Announces Full 2023 Program
Spoleto Festival USA today announced programming for the 47th season of America’s premier performing arts festival, taking place from May...