In-person absentee voting begins Monday, October 4th, 2021 at the Charleston County Board of Elections and Voter Registration (BEVR) office, located at 4367 Headquarters Rd. in North Charleston. Eligible registered voters can cast their ballot for the November municipal elections Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Residents can also request absentee ballots by mail. Qualifications for voting absentee include:
- Students, their spouses, and dependents residing with them
- Members of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marines, Red Cross, USO, government employees, their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Overseas citizens
- For reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
- Physically disabled persons
- Persons on vacation
- Person’s age 65 or older
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on day of election or at least four days prior to the election
- Electors with a death or funeral in the family within 3 days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Persons serving as jurors in a state or federal court on election day
- Certified poll watchers and poll managers
The State of Emergency is no longer a reason to vote absentee.
Voters can also cast their absentee ballots at BEVR’s Satellite Voting Unit (SVU). The SVU will be at the following locations from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- October 18 – James Island Rec Center – 1088 Quail Dr., Charleston, SC 29412
- October 20 – Mt. Pleasant Wando Library – 1400 Carolina Park Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
- October 22 – Seabrook Island Town Hall – 2001 Seabrook Island Rd., Seabrook Island, SC 29455
- October 25 – Bees Ferry West Ashley Library – 3035 Sanders Rd., Charleston, SC 29414
- October 27 – Arthur W. Christopher City Gymnasium – 265 Fishburne St., Charleston, SC 29403
- October 29 – Isle of Palms City Hall – 1207 Palm Blvd., Isle of Palms, SC 29451
The last day for absentee voting is Monday, November 1 at 5 pm. The municipal elections will be held on November 2nd, 2021. A complete list of the elections can be found here: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/bevr/elections.php.
For more information about absentee voting, or to request an absentee ballot by mail: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/bevr/absentee-voting.php.
Folly Beach Shares Details for Annual Flip Flop Drop, Fireworks Show, and Bill Murray Look-a-Like Polar Bear Plunge
Folly Beach has announced the details for their most popular New Years celebrations – the annual Flip Flop Drop and...