From farm-fresh produce and homemade baked goods to handmade crafts and jewelry, a wide variety of specialty items will be available at a new weekly farmers market debuting in the Litchfield community of Pawleys Island this week.
The Farmers Market at Litchfield will be held in the Magnolia Courtyard at the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each Wednesday, starting on Sept. 1 and running through Nov. 24.
An impressive list of 28 vendors will offer items for sale. The resort is located at 14276 Ocean Highway at the intersection of Ocean Highway and Willbrook Boulevard. While the resort is gated, the courtyard where the farmers market will take place is in an area always open to the public.
Santana Pennauchi, the resort’s event ambassador, said she and her staff are excited to offer a new farmers market to the community.
“We felt there was a need in our community and our area for people to come together and support our farmers, crafters and other vendors,” Pennauchi said. “We will have a great variety of vendors — a unique mix that they won’t see at other farmers markets. There will be something for everyone.”
Farmers Market Director Melanie Clements agreed, saying that the closest farmers market to the Litchfield area is in Surfside Beach. Best of all, the Litchfield market offers vendors the chance to set up at no charge.
“We think this is a great opportunity for the Litchfield community to have something all of its own,” Clements said. “This will be a wonderful community event that locals can enjoy.”
Clements added that there will be plenty of parking beside the Magnolia Courtyard, which is located on the north end of the resort, near The Coastal Dish restaurant. There will also be concessions such as hamburgers and hotdogs, and beverages including beer and wine.
Vendors will include:
- Rock n’ Roots Plant Co., offering live houseplants, succulents, cactus, air plants, gems, crystals, terrariums, planters and a make-your-own potting station;
- JuJu’s Sweets, providing homemade baked goods by Judy Van Noord;
- Third Day Farms, offering locally grown fruits and vegetables;
- Mollie’s Morsels, with all-natural dog treats;
- My Olive Shack, offering olive oil, stuffed olives, jams, salsas, sauces and more;
- Dreamweaver Shop, with fudge, teas, and stained-glass barrettes;
- O Gourdie Me, offering hand-painted gourd art and birdhouses;
- Carolina Bean Dip, with three varieties of delicious bean dips;
- Johnboy Pottery, offering handcrafted stoneware pottery
- Mango Tree Pies & Pastries, offering homemade pies by Pawleys Island resident Akela McClary
- Waterside Wicks, with hand-poured soy candles and melts;
- Surf Dawgs, offering gourmet hot dogs and cheeseburgers;
- Glitter, Glitz and Glass, selling handcrafted jewelry made from vintage jewelry and watches;
- Golden Zen Boutique, also offering handcrafted jewelry;
- Coastal Corn, offering 20-plus flavors of sweet and savory gourmet popcorn;
- Sur-Pies!, with baked goods and desserts;
- Fox Farm, offering pasture-raised chicken and eggs;
- Beads By Ray, with beaded earrings and keychains, coffee mugs and paintings;
- Jupiter Pies, offering baked goods;
- Bouquet’D, with fresh flower bouquets and hand-crafted flowers;
- Lucid Coast Candle Co., offering homemade soy-wax candles and wax bars;
- M&M Farms, with farm-fresh produce and vegetables;
- Bolla Botanicals, offering artisan soap, soy candles, handcrafted lip balms, insect repellent and personal-care products;
- Sweet Kate’s, with gluten-free foods and baked goods;
- The POWER of Elderberries, offering handcrafted elderberry products and local raw honey;
- Bluedadoo, with tie-dye items;
- Plants By the Sea, offering rare pink and purple plants, succulents, and oyster plants;
- and The Handing Basket Co., with living plants and floral décor.
Clements said the Farmers Market at Litchfield is just starting out, but depending on the weekly turnout, it may return in the spring. And, she added, there is room for growth.
“We are super excited,” she said. “We can’t wait until Wednesday.”
Mark A. Stevens, director of tourism development for the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce and South Carolina’s Hammock Coast, said the Farmers Market at Litchfield was not only a great opportunity for local residents but for visitors to the community, as well.
“It’s great that the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort has worked to bring this together,” Stevens said. “It allows local vendors an opportunity to offer their products – everything from fresh baked pies and desserts to handmade candles and jewelry and more – in a local setting that is so familiar to everyone.
“The Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort has been a mainstay of Georgetown County’s tourism efforts for years, so it’s well-known to residents and tourists. The farmers market, being at the Magnolia Court, will be visible to passersby on Ocean Highway. This really has the potential to be a popular weekly event for a long time to come. It’s another great thing happening here on South Carolina’s Hammock Coast.”
Taylor Festival Choir and Na Fidleiri Re-Imagined Present “Pathways to Healing,” A Choral Concert Focused on Healing and the Arts
Press Release The Taylor Music Group opens its 20th Anniversary Season with “Pathways to Healing,” a concert featuring the Taylor...
Dashi Kicks Off Weekly Paws on the Patio Series on September 30th
Black History All Year Long: Focus on Women Series Wraps up on October 21st
Dashi Announces Ice Cream Carnival
Lewis Chile Roast Returns on October 10th
Charleston Moves to host “Better North Bridge” Ride on 10/2
Emeline Announces Inaugural Keep Shop Makers Fair
- Uncategorized8 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized3 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview5 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Uncategorized1 year ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Tips To Get Glowing Skin For Men