By: Rich Tavetian, Guest Writer
So you’re in town just for the day or weekend. Awesome!
But, wait! There’s WAY too much to see. In fact, I still haven’t seen it all and I’ve lived here since 2015.
This is quite the challenge to get the sights in with limited time in Charleston SC.
No worries, I’ve got a solution for you.
I just had a friend visit me and it dawned on me that every time I have family or friends come visit me I realize that I’m bringing them on the same path throughout the area.
After a while I started noticing a pattern so I decided to put a list together for anyone that is visiting Charleston for a day, a weekend, or even if you’re looking to do a stay-cation as a local.
Here’s the list (in this particular order) and Google Maps link (if you’re a maps person like me):
1. Charleston Visitor Center (for Parking): Park or start your tour at the Visitor Center. There are also meters and garages you can pay for but this center is a good central starting point of Downtown.
2. King St Walk and Shopping: Make your way down to King Street and Calhoun street to go shopping or window shopping with some high-end brands and local brands as well.
3. Charleston City Market: Iconic street and market to walk through to get a glimpse of historic Charleston and some knick knacks.
4. The Battery and White Point Garden: Also known as “The Battery”, this location is where most photos are taken of the city right along the bottom of the peninsula where there are many large and historic homes.
5. Rainbow Row: Stop here for a selfie and read the plaque at 93 East Bay St for some local history.
6. Pineapple Fountain: 6. More photos for the ‘gram! This is another sight where sometimes you’ll see proposals right in front of.
7. Carriage Ride: After all that walking it’s time for a Carriage Ride, sit back, relax, and take in the history of the beautiful coastal city.
Bonus (if you have time!): Take a drive to Mt Pleasant and have a nice dinner at any restaurant on Shem Creek. The views are beautiful and you’ll see some great boats, wildlife, and kayakers.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...